Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Hi TC!

@Miles, not sure if you are the reason, but recently started watching Trailer Park Boys from beginning. Had seen bits before. Feel like I am embracing my Canadian(ness).

night night...

Apr 19, 15 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Oh, I HATE that show, Nam. My brother thinks it's great, but it hits too close to home fit me. Obviously, with a bit more heat and southern twang, but still. They are exactly the kind of people/life I, and my husband, have been running from all our lives. While I've always been solid middle class, everyone around me was trailer park status. I can't watch that show without assigning each character to someone I knew. Ugh.
Apr 19, 15 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Fuck church. Waste of time. Anyone able to tie their sh
Apr 19, 15 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
...shoe laces should see past that none sense.
Apr 19, 15 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Guys!
I think Non Seq was just smited!!
Apr 19, 15 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Not smitted, although hilarious idea. Phone just auto posted mid sentence.
Apr 19, 15 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Dammit, I wasn't quick enough. Green head, can you insert my clever smited comment BETWEEN non seq's comments?
Apr 19, 15 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Sarah, only his holiness Adam west or Sean Connery has such powers.
Apr 19, 15 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
As in Batman?! How old ARE you?!! Then again, those old batman shows are my favorite versions. So fun; not dark at all.
Apr 19, 15 10:41 pm  · 
 · 

Nam, the first four season are gold. After that it's all downhill.

Apr 19, 15 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Old enough to know Adam west >= everyone else.
Apr 19, 15 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
Quondam, I'm sorry I went off on you yesterday. I feel like you've been attackingy comments on other threads more than usual lately, and I guess I hit my limit. Sorry to use you as a punching bag.

And sorry TC for going off the rails.

Sarah, if your smiting joke had worked it would have been a triumph of Internet humor.
Apr 20, 15 6:29 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
I KNOW, Donna. I'm was so disappointed.

Ah well.
Apr 20, 15 8:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--3iBVtELz--/19de5uc4zvn28jpg.jpg

Apr 20, 15 8:18 am  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

Nam, if you want to really want to diversify your Canadian regional troupes you should check out FUBAR.  It was really fun watching that after having spent a summer working on a Canadian oil rig, and feeling like I knew everyone on the show.

Apr 20, 15 10:36 am  · 
 · 

Also, Non, saying something like "fuck church" isn't helpful. Church is good for all kinds of social, community, cultural reasons, no matter what your relationship to religion.

Apr 20, 15 11:21 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^also good for childhood indoctrination.

Apr 20, 15 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Sometimes we get together with friends on Sunday mornings and drink wine and call it church. The children are being indoctrinated alright! The church is accepting new members...

Apr 20, 15 11:30 am  · 
 · 

All things are both good an bad, Non, from national governments to broccoli.

Apr 20, 15 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

wine on a sunday morning... can I wear funny hats?

Apr 20, 15 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Yes Donna, although broccoli is damn delicious... hard to see how that can be turned evil.

Apr 20, 15 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'll take that evil broccoli thing back... the internets can be a weird place sometimes.

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2012/04/16/9409674/evilb.jpg

Apr 20, 15 11:42 am  · 
 · 
-------

Not to mention this:

Yuck!

Apr 20, 15 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

Broccoli is always good, in my mind; in my son's mind it is always bad.

Apr 20, 15 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

sounds like your son is pretty smart

Apr 20, 15 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

broccoli is good raw w/ ranch dressing- bad any other way

Apr 20, 15 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
So synergistic! I was JUST talking to my students about broccoli. Woah.
Apr 20, 15 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
-------

I have a quick question, I hope y’all don’t mind if I ask it here.

I’ve been a Habitat construction volunteer for the last few years. My work experience is unrelated. Should I list my Habitat experience as I would employment experience because of its relevance?

Apr 20, 15 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Ranch and raw broccoli are disgusting. Broccoli is only good steamed, and excellent with melted cheese. Same goes for cauliflower, broccoli's albino cousin.
Apr 20, 15 1:50 pm  · 
 · 

jw, I put volunteer work under its own heading on my resume.  I don't think it's out of line to put it under work experience IF you clearly state it was volunteer, not employment. Which might mean the heading is something like "Work Experience" not "Employment History".

Apr 20, 15 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

Jim Gaffigan says ranch dressing is made of buttermilk and sadness.

Apr 20, 15 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

broccoli is good when you replace it with pizza and beer.

Apr 20, 15 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM

Apr 20, 15 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i feel like that's been done before

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/49910/ugliness/34

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/19518/from-our-savior-with-love/370

were you discretely posting about precedent?

Apr 20, 15 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

Huh, so tammuz *is* noctilucent. I didn't realize that, or wasn't confident in it.

Apr 20, 15 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
-------

Thanks Donna!

Apr 20, 15 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

This just drove down the hallway, inside the building, past my office door.

More info here. Some days working in a museum is really cool.

Apr 21, 15 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Donna -- it was done first (sort of) during the 1950s ... in Czechoslovakia. Of course, this version doesn't 'shape shift'.

This is the Velorex Oskar, which was produced between 1953 and 1971. It was fitted with a rear-mounted Jawa two-stroke air-cooled motorcycle engine. To reduce the production costs they built the "Oskar" as a multi-tube structure covered in vinyl-like material called "Igelit", attached with turnbutton fasteners. 

Actually, the Oskar is pretty hideous, but thought it'd be interesting to note its existence in connection with your post.

Apr 21, 15 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

So, Donna, what is the seasonal reason for the 8 "how much do I chargefor a rendering?" wave in the lasthour?

Apr 21, 15 8:09 pm  · 
 · 

Happy Tuesday all.

I just placed a bottle of Hirsch Small Batch next to my recent Glenmorangie 18 Year...Time for dinner.

Apr 21, 15 8:33 pm  · 
 · 

Haven't noticed, JLC-1, and likely would not have an answer anyway...

quizzical, that thing is neat but funny-looking. This BMW today, in both sound and appearance, was sooooooo sexy. Like Oops-how-did-my-panties-get-down-around-my-ankles sexy. Good heavens. And it's the first of over a dozen cars due in to the museum this week.  It's gonna be hard to concentrate on the Lutron system room number drawing I'm supposed to be doing.

Apr 21, 15 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Are we talking about a car, or did someone mention Brad Pitt, and I missed the comment, again?

Apr 22, 15 8:43 am  · 
 · 

Four more cars offloading today! None as sexy as the BMW. Right now it's this one:

Which is very cool but that little bubble top makes the driver look ridiculous, even if it was Brad Pitt.

Apr 22, 15 9:01 am  · 
 · 

...and, my husband made this car, which I'd place in sexiness over the Firebird, but below the BMW GINA.

Apr 22, 15 9:05 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I've always been partial to this, plus it was a production car.

Apr 22, 15 9:53 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Donna, how fast did it go? 

Apr 22, 15 10:00 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Oh my god, Donna!! I think I'm blushing for you. Where are your southern manors?! Goodness!

And I can't figure out if the GINA is pronounced Jeenah or Jighnah. Guess it works both ways.
Apr 22, 15 10:07 am  · 
 · 
Carrera

Donna, prompted me to check out the IMA, you’ve got a cool gig. Others who haven’t should check it out, particularly the Art & Nature Park….

http://www.imamuseum.org/

Apr 22, 15 10:08 am  · 
 · 

Sarah, it's pronounced Geena, but that's not how I hear it in my brain.

JLC-1 the City of Burbank didn't end up going as fast as they had hoped; it was a new build based on an old car, and still needs some tweaks to get to top speed.

Apr 22, 15 10:25 am  · 
 · 

Can't wait to hear what this picture does for Donna.

Apr 22, 15 11:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: