Archinect
anchor

Did anyone take EESA process and take the courses to fulfill the deficiency already?

I just got a result from EESA and need to take some courses to fulfill the deficiency. Can anyone share where you take the courses? I asked a few schools and it seems like many of them are not aware of whether the course that meets NCARB requirements or not. Please share and advice! Thank you!

Oct 5, 23 6:11 pm
przemula

Posted similar question here some time ago but had no luck. How many credits did you get? They gave me 43, most of which are liberal arts (I don't know how this will contribute to me becoming an architect). I asked some school too and received very little help.

Oct 6, 23 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
HeroWonder

CLEP is an option for LIberal arts. I took Graduate courses at Lawrence Technological University. They were very helpful, and have experience with EESA Candidates 

Nov 2, 23 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
masochist

I did the EESA evaluation and was asked to take 12 credits. However, I think this is pointless so I am going to my board directly and circumventing the NCARB certification route.

My suggestion would be to look at a list of NAAB-accredited schools, searching by the course name online. You have to get approval from EESA before you can take the courses. They will confirm if that course will fulfill what they are looking for, 

https://www.naab.org/wp-conten...

Oct 10, 23 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
przemula

Can you elaborate on going to board directly and circumventing the certification route?

Oct 11, 23 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
masochist

I am licensed in NY. Then I wanted to get licensed in NJ. So instead of going through reciprocity which requires NCARB certification, I applied to get licensed by credentials to NJ board of architects. Each state board requirement is different. If you do not need to get licensed in a lot of states this is a good way to go.

Getting reciprocity is still a great option. Makes your life easy if you are moving around a lot.

Oct 11, 23 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: