Archinect
anchor

Archinect Sessions podcast returns! This week's topics...

Hey Archinecters! For Season 2 of the Archinect Sessions podcast we are going to try to post a thread each week airing out the topics we'll be covering.  An open discussion with many voices is the goal, so please weigh in with an angle we co-hosts and guests might not have, or give us some talking points you'd like to hear more about.  Let's hear some chatter!

This week we will be joined by guest Cynthia Davidson, director of Log and co-curator of "The Architectural Imagination," the US Pavilion at the 2016 Venice Biennale.  We'll keep the discussion tight this week: we'll talk about the Chicago Architecture Biennial, and the role of architecture biennials in general.

The Chicago Architecture Biennial, less than halfway through its run, has received a lot of press.  Some examples:

Jessica A.S. Letaw: "...the same attitude is found in many of the designers: The world is messy, but I have agency to change some small part of it, and these are the ideas I have to make my corner better."

Mimi Zeiger: "Architecture is finally moving beyond a homogeneous status quo."

Amelia Taylor-Hochberg: "The Biennial is more about architects than it is about architecture."

Patrick Schumacher: "...concept-art style documentation and agitation of behalf of underdeveloped regions and milieux. I am rather suspicious of these creative/artistic engagements with poverty.

It's a tight topic that will no doubt end up as a sprawling conversation, but we'd love to hear your opinions. If you've been, what was your favorite piece? What piece did you not like but think is important? Whose review did you find most valuable? Where did you drink after collapsing from the exhaustion of the spectacle?

Nov 3, 15 12:53 pm
Bench

Yes!

This has honestly been one of my favourite podcasts to listen to (I routinely listen to about 15-20 different ones). Looking forward to the new season.

Nov 3, 15 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

Archinect ♥ Bench

Nov 3, 15 1:12 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks Bench! We are looking forward to it too.

Nov 3, 15 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

Bumping this.

Nov 3, 15 3:26 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: