Archinect
anchor

cool power plant/large industrial building projects

urbanlandscape

Hey All,
I am assigned the task of creating a "best practice" board with lots of snazzy images of power plants and large industrial buildings for an upcoming firm presentation. Its meant to say "Hey, you have lots of money for this metal building, why not spend some on the design and showcase the state of the art technology." Anybody have some leads? Thanks.

Jul 18, 10 6:40 pm
jmanganelli

the best in industrial architecture by alan phillips

rogers' inmos microprocessor plant in wales

some of the work of wes jones

lloyd's of london bldg by foster

pompidou center

arab institute by nouvel

Warehouse in Coesfeld-Lette by Bruno Reichlin, Fabio Reinhard and Santiago Calatrava

ricola warehouse by herzog and de meuron

Jul 18, 10 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
phld21
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arsenalman/2975330087/

Esplanade and Photovoltaic Power Plant

Found this on flickr. It looks kind of cool.

Jul 18, 10 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
phld21
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arsenalman/2975330087/

Esplanade and Photovoltaic Power Plant

Found this on flickr. It looks kind of cool.

Jul 18, 10 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
outed

holt hinshaw pfau jones did a chiller plant at ucla (i think that's the location). very industrial.

sauerbruch hutton did an industrial plant in germany that looks like melted taffy.

aalto even did a huge industrial complex outside helsinki - don't know the exact location.

finally, there's all kinds of swiss infrastructure - herzog demeuron, along with several others, did a series of signal boxes in the railyards which are iconic. hdm also did a large shed/warehouse switching station in one of those yards.

off the top...

Jul 18, 10 7:34 pm  · 
 · 

outed's comment reminded me that the Leers Weinzapfel chiller plant at UPenn is also very cool (no pun intended). It is supposed to have colored lights that turn the steam different colors at night.

Jul 19, 10 9:55 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

there is a decent chiller plant recently completed at the University of Chicago as well... here

Jul 19, 10 10:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: