Archinect
anchor

Movie recording A building's construction process

cmrhm

Hi

I have a serious Q. While studying ARE and being a designer mostly in design side, I know I lack of many construction knowledge. Knowing by reading is totally different with knowing by hands on experiemce. Well, not being able to gain construction related knowledge quickly enough on the job, I wonder if there is any good movie or link could show the whole construction process for one building?

I remember there was a recording shown on channel 11 for big arch on st Louis. Pls recommend sth like this!

Thanks,

Jul 5, 10 4:46 pm
Thom Yorke

"Making the Modern" shows Tadao Ando's involvement with the construction of the modern art museum in forth worth, tx. It goes into great detail about his obsessive attention to the quality of the cast-in-place concrete wall form-work, and shows the building throughout all phases of construction.

Jul 6, 10 11:07 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Thomas;

Thanks, I will search for it.

Jul 6, 10 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
mjfw

Check out morphopedia.com (morphosis's website). Their Perot Museum of Nature and Science is in the beginning stages of construction and there is a camera (pretty good quality) that is streaming the process.

This may not be something you're looking for, since it will be quite a while before it is complete, but at least you can see the daily events that are taking place as construction progresses.

Jul 7, 10 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong
This website

is a photographer documenting the construction of his prefabricated home by David Adjaye.

Jul 9, 10 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
cmrhm

I found one, the bullet tower by Norman foster.
Building.the.Gherkin

also there are some by history channel. Guys Thanks for your info. Pls continue to share mire.

Jul 9, 10 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Building the World Trade Center Towers
18:11 - 4 years ago
For those who think "Jet Fuel" and gravity pulverized that concrete and 45 interior steel columns. Educate yourself and you'll see 9/11 was a planned demolition and WTC Tower 7 collapsed with no plane striking it (Flight 93 was supposed to hit tower 7). Conspiracy theory, new world order, alex jones, david icke

lol

Jul 11, 10 4:35 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Unicorn: You again? Are you sure? Proof?

Jul 11, 10 11:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: