Archinect
anchor

Google Analytics for Flash website

J.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good link or pdf that describes how to put Google Analytics on a flash website. I am a fairly newby on flash and websites, but I have managed to figure out how to put up a website with the help of a flash template. What I would like to add now is the google analytics.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 7, 10 5:07 pm
wurdan freo

My understanding is that GA only works on html and not with flash.

I am no webmaster, however.

Jun 8, 10 9:05 am  · 
 · 
sando

it's all in the action script...

http://blog.six4rty.ch/tutorials/flash-cs3-google-analytics-flash-content/

Jun 8, 10 9:18 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

J... check the other place you asked this question, i already typed out how its done....

harpoons link is to track specific functions within the flash site.

Jun 8, 10 9:49 am  · 
 · 
J.

Perfect, and is there a specific place to put that tag? At the beginning? Behind some labeled code? Thanks for all the advice.

Jun 8, 10 10:57 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

J. if you open the HTML file you created from flash in an HTML editor (dreamweaver if you have it) you'll notice there is a string of code that starts with

<head>

has stuff in here and then ends with

</head>

you need to paste your google analytics code in between those two...
so it will look like this...

<head>

google analytics tag

other stuff and junk thats already there

</head>

thats how it should look. Then, you need to wait a day or two before it will register.

Be sure you put this code on your index page or you'll get weird results.

As an example, my website has an index page which checks for flash compatibility and then directs you to a base page. In my case, the GA tag is on the flash check page since it is technically the FIRST page you land on when navigating to my site.

hope that helps

Jun 8, 10 11:47 am  · 
 · 
J.

It worked perfectly....I would recommend this post to anyone that wants Google Analytics on their website....can't wait for people to visit my site now so I can see it work more...

Jun 14, 10 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
J.

PS, thank you lletdownl

Jun 14, 10 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

great, glad it worked... enjoy checking out all the amazing info GA gives you...

Jun 14, 10 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: