Archinect
anchor

schengen visa tips

fivepass

what do you do if you schengen visa was denied due to insufficient information. is it wise to reapply at the same embassy with more docs? or should you wait a year or more to reapply?

Jun 7, 10 12:12 pm
IamGray

????
Definitely reapply as soon as possible (assuming you want to reside and work in europe immediately). When applying for my permits last year, I was initially 'rejected'.... I simply contacted the embassy (sent an email to the woman responsible for work permits), got a clarification on the required documents, and then promptly re-sent my application. I had a shiny new visa within a week.

Jun 7, 10 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
fivepass

has your rejection hurt you from getting other visas?

Jun 7, 10 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
IamGray

Well to clarify, I wouldn't necessarily consider my case a 'rejection'.

Rather, they felt some of the information was insufficient (namely, that I didn't have a place to live lined up). I contacted the woman at the embassy for clarification, stating that I was searching for accommodation, but that the prospect of finding an apartment several months in advance from the other side of the world, wasn't exactly feasible.
Understanding the situation, she informed me that the embassy simply wanted to see evidence that I had somewhere (anywhere!) to call home when I stepped off the plane. She instructed me to simply book a hotel for 10 days.

So that's exactly what I did. I booked some random hotel in my target city (which I never required and aside from a small booking fee, never had to pay for).

So it was really a painless experience for me. Nothing 'hurt' my later application in the least. They wanted an additional document. I sent it in. It was processed, and a new visa was issued. No sweat.

I can't speak to your situation though (esp. given the scant details you've provided). Really though, why haven't you contacted the embassy? They're the only ones capable of giving you an appropriate answer.

Jun 7, 10 7:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: