Archinect
anchor

Julie bargmann project help?

Stolniik

Hey guys, i am in help looking for some informaton regarding Julie Bargmann's projects. I am in need of some Journal extracts perhaps? or any information regarding:

- Regenerating the Rouge, Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan. Design strategies for the transformation of past + future production facilities at 1200 acre historic automobile manufacturing plant. William McDonough + Partners, Architects; Nelson/Byrd, landscape architects and Cahill Associates, engineers.

- Turtle Creek Water Works, Dallas Texas
Design transformation of historic pump station for performances and art installations. MESA Design Group, local landscape architects.; National ASLA Honor Award, 2007; Texas ASLA Award, 2005.

- Urban Outfitters Headquarters, Philadelphia Navy Yard
Corporate campus and public park spaces at Navy Yard's historic core on civic axis between downtown and the Delaware River.
Meyer, Scherer, Rockcastle, architects; Gladnick, Wright, Salameda, civil engineering; Urban Land Institute Award, 2007.

It is very hard to find information on Julie Bargmann from where I live (Sydney) so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Jun 6, 10 2:38 am

Most of those projects have been published in Landscape Architecture Magazine, so start there. Her website is dirtstudio and there are plenty of photos of those projects too and a list of the press.

Starting with google would have been less work then writing creating a post.

Jun 6, 10 11:24 am  · 
 · 
Stolniik

They have to be at academic level standard, that is the problem. My library does not have much on her at all! Any journals would be VERY much appreciated, if there are any :(

Jun 7, 10 2:15 am  · 
 · 

you could start by looking on the press page of their website (mostly journalistic stuff, but there's some professional/academic stuff)... also, search the avery index

Jun 7, 10 7:32 am  · 
 · 
Stolniik

Avery wasn't any help.. I found books or articles but no where actually has them ==

Jun 7, 10 8:27 am  · 
 · 

Academic level standard is a very daunting hurdle if peer review is what your after. Academic folks tend not to write about living folks or their peers very often. the assignment seems strange unless you are getting a PhD (but then you wouldn't be asking this question).

You may have chosen/been assigned a topic that is not viable without first person experience of the projects or interviewing the project team.

I recall seeing some stuff by/about Julie in Corner's Recovering the Landscape, or maybe the Landscape Urbanism Reader. Again, use DIRT Studio's website to direct you to publications.

oh, my favorite DIRT studio project is the Vintonville Acid Mine Drainage Park.

Jun 7, 10 9:01 am  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

We did an interview on archinect:
]http://www.archinect.com/features/article.php?id=45200_0_23_0_M]

Jun 7, 10 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
+i

try UVa's website too. she is/was a professor there.

Jun 8, 10 11:18 am  · 
 · 
architorture

the turtle creek water works -- project architect is cunningham architects in dallas. they collabed with dirt studio.

they should have some photos, documentation.

Jun 8, 10 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: