Archinect
anchor

2011 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

neverspeaketh

You're right, it absolutely is. Is there a worse word than excruciating? I can't even be in the house. The mental build-up is actually causing physical pain. I knew today was going to be hard as well as Monday. That is why I have planned marathon-distance runs from my house to keep me occupied and away from this computer.

On a happier note - congratulations to all of you who received acceptances to CCA and/or WUSTL! That's so great! Both awesome programs!

Mar 4, 11 10:01 am  · 
 · 
abyssinian

Just got accepted to GSAPP M.S. AAD!

Portfolio:
http://issuu.com/diaphanousabyss/docs/spatialexplorations

Mar 4, 11 10:21 am  · 
 · 
routinemotion

Hi all... for those of you waiting from Ohio State, I got in February 7 in the M. Arch I. I submitted my app/mailed in my portfolio a few days before Jan 15, so was surprised to hear back so soon. It was the only school I applied to--whether or not I attend is solely dependent on funding at this point.

Mar 4, 11 10:24 am  · 
 · 
jetvancake

CO FUCKING LUMBIA!!

too bad its so expensive. anybody want to give me some money?

still.

:D

Mar 4, 11 10:26 am  · 
 · 
Laurem

Congrats to everyone hearing back in positive responses!

Still going insane here...

Mar 4, 11 10:27 am  · 
 · 
cmarshalle

Yes, congrats to everyone who has heard so far! It really didn't hit me until about 3am last night when I was still celebrating the good news.

For everyone still waiting good luck and I hope you hear soon!

Mar 4, 11 10:30 am  · 
 · 
kyleseyz

WOO my girlfriend just got into GSAPP M Arch 1!

Mar 4, 11 10:33 am  · 
 · 
CThomas

Yay into GSAAP! Has the tuition gone up? Was it $21,000 per semester last year? Also as im an international, no financial aid- god it is expennsive! But so happy to be accepted somewhere anyway!

Mar 4, 11 10:39 am  · 
 · 
Laurem

I'm about to walk up to Columbia and kick Avery Hall...

Misery loves company.

Curious, when were you expecting the response from Columbia? Was it early? I hope at least one of mine sends early.

Mar 4, 11 10:44 am  · 
 · 
williamwong

Last year according to gradcafe columbia sent out responses on March 8, 2010, so I was expecting to hear back on Monday this year as well. So it is, in fact, a little bit early.

Two years ago I was accepted in GSAPP and chose to delay grad school and do something else (Teach for America) for two years. This time around, I was not so lucky :( I guess the numbers game didn't work out. I hate that architecture schools don't offer deferalls.

Mar 4, 11 10:51 am  · 
 · 
LinkOne

Congrats to all the GSAPP acceptances - great news.

I'm beginning to wish I had applied there - an early win seems like a great way to settle the nerves.

Can ask what people think about the solo Princeton acceptance on Gradcafe? Does it seem suspect at all that it was posted during the middle of the night?

Mar 4, 11 10:54 am  · 
 · 
CThomas

Yep I don't know how believable that is. Who in Princeton is sending emails out at that time? There are also no other acceptances or rejections posted on gradcafe. Its also much earlier than all other Princeton replies from previous years.

Mar 4, 11 10:59 am  · 
 · 
LinkOne

I see your as well versed in historic gradcafe posts as I am. How sad we are. Next week is going to be an unproductive one in the office I think.

Congrats on GSAAP btw!

Mar 4, 11 11:02 am  · 
 · 
jetvancake

I posted a rubber duck on page 5 of this thread in the middle of the night.

So, yea.

Mar 4, 11 11:02 am  · 
 · 
CThomas

I think this process makes us sad- I'm checking my emails every other minute and being a horrendously unfocused employee.

Mar 4, 11 11:07 am  · 
 · 
Laurem

I just realized that GSD notifies by mail. I might never find out the response... my apartment is a package/mail delivery black hole.

Mar 4, 11 11:17 am  · 
 · 
ArchNL

Been accepted to GSAPP MSAAD! Unbelievable. Truly excited.
I'm an international student too and the whole application process was very new to me.

I've also been accepted to Cincinnati's MS Arch program. Official acceptance email/letter is yet to come. Hopefully the other schools won't keep us waiting for long. Wish everyone all the best.

Mar 4, 11 11:49 am  · 
 · 
israelias

COLUMBIA GSAPP. IN! 5 to go! If i don't get into Yale or Harvard, it looks like i'm going to NYC! High-fiving a thousand angels

Mar 4, 11 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
Laurem

I'm really starting to regret not apply to GSAPP... would have avoided the need to move AND I wouldn't be singing "Won't you take me to Crazy Town" (to the tune of funky town) in my head.

Lunch will be a blessing when I can control myself away from a computer.

Mar 4, 11 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
Luthien

JUST GOT IN COLUMBIA MARCH I!

Mar 4, 11 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
aag2022

eff columbia

Mar 4, 11 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
||||

i love you danielle smoller!!!

Mar 4, 11 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

It seems as though all of the schools I applied to are not the ones notifying people, and it is making me crazy! I did not get a letter from Wash U yesterday, and my mail has not come today yet. My mailman is a lazy bastard who acts like he's on a Sunday stroll, only it's never Sunday when he's actually delivering mail. Okay, I realize I'm ranting like a schizophrenic - it's just that I am a completely useless human being during this craziness. The only function that I can feasibly perform with any zeal is hitting refresh on my computer screen.

Did those of you that got accepted to Wash U get emails in addition to the postal notification? There were several posts on grad cafe suggesting that "acceptees" were receiving both forms of notification, and this is adding to my neurosis.

By the way, congratulations to all of you that have received an acceptance. Woo hoo!

Mar 4, 11 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
are you Swick?

@ abyssinian

I remember thumbing thru your portfolio awhile back - not at all surprised you got into Columbia; you have really nice work.

I'm debating attending the open house in a month, any other admits considering the trip?

Mar 4, 11 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
jetvancake

@arc.affect

I'll probably make the trip. Parsons on 4th, GSAPP on the 6th.

Mar 4, 11 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
abyssinian

@jetvancake @arc.affect I'll definitely be there.

Mar 4, 11 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
abyssinian

Mostly because I have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it all... I already feel broke and homeless WITH a job. I can only imagine how it would feel to be a student living of federal loans.

Mar 4, 11 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
israelias

maryagnes

The email from Wash U was congratulatory + notification that a package has been sent and that you should have already received it or will receive it very soon.

arc.affect
abyssinian
jetvancake

I'm likely to to attend the GSAPP open house too! I'll only attend the 2-3 schools i will choose from. I applied to 8 though. Waiting on 5 more. Those open houses can change everything. I know a guy who was so sure he'd go to Columbia but changed his mind entirely after attending the open house

Mar 4, 11 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

@ israelias - thank you. I was afraid of that.

Mar 4, 11 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Laurem

If the MIT post on gradcafe is real I expect to see a lot of msgs on here very soon!

I should go for a walk... and wish I applied to MIT as well.

Mar 4, 11 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

I'd like the MIT one to be real.

Looks like last year was the first Friday in March, so it could be.

BRING IT MIT

Mar 4, 11 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
jetvancake

my mit status page says application record last updated 03/04/11

nothing about a decision though. dammit.

Mar 4, 11 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

i don't even know why they bother with that 'last updated' business. most of them, mit included, just change at midnight every day.

i assume it's just to discourage crazy archinect people from calling or emailing?

Mar 4, 11 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

ugh. seriously doubt that GSD post is real, unless they're about a week and a half early this year.

Mar 4, 11 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
arketkt

GSD post on gradcafe?

Mar 4, 11 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
jetvancake

Just got an email from Yale saying theyve got status update.. logged in .. says there's no update.

how am i supposed to meet this 3pm deadline.

shit.

Mar 4, 11 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
mitboi

omg i got a package from michigan...

Mar 4, 11 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
AmeliaP

after checking for the 1000 time today, still no word...

Mar 4, 11 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Laurem

@jetvancake... same here. %&@$&@$&

Mar 4, 11 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
johnlem87

Nadir has nothing better to do than to call people and tell them they've been accepted to MIT??? I call bullshit on that last MIT post.

Mar 4, 11 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Laurem

Anyone get through to Yale! This is worse than the wait!

Mar 4, 11 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
are you Swick?

did anybody get money from GSAPP?

Mar 4, 11 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
johnlem87

"Applicants will be notified by mail of the Department's decision by April 1. No decisions will be given by telephone. "

works cited:

http://architecture.mit.edu/masters-march-admissions.html

Mar 4, 11 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

i think that just means, 'don't call us,' as opposed to 'we will never contact anyone by telephone ever so throw your phone in the bin already.'

unless there were 13 consecutive fake mit posts last year.

Mar 4, 11 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
johnlem87

I guess that could make sense. But I don't remember seeing that noted last year...

Mar 4, 11 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
mitboi

@arc.affect yes friend of mine did!

Mar 4, 11 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
aag2022

@mitboi

I got a criptic email from the Usps saying a package was sent from them... Do u think it's acceptance?

Mar 4, 11 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

see here.

· 
mitboi

@aag2022 would they send us rejection with a small package? it would be just a regular mail.. no???

· 
aag2022

Prob not. Damn postal service! I'm traveling till Wednesday!

Mar 4, 11 4:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: