Archinect
anchor

2011 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

p_11_tx

11:30 central time...

I was told packets will be out in a week or two, sounds like they are still working things. We shall see!

Mar 6, 11 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
jetvancake

Call from RISD!! + Fellowship

4/4 so far. wooo!

Mar 6, 11 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
jbh123

Same...call from RISD, accepted with fellowship, etc.
Said $18k a year. Was pretty tired so didn't catch most of what she said.
Waiting on everywhere else........

Mar 6, 11 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
therebyfar

Just got into MIT through email! I think they must have been calling people, but I've been out the country and don't have a cell phone, so they sent me a very nice congratulatory email. Now that I'm in at my top two choices most of the anxiety is over.

And now back to the beach for carnival.

Mar 7, 11 9:18 am  · 
 · 
LinkOne

MIT results are trickling though in painfully slow fashion.

Got into Mich with 20k scholarship thou.

Mar 7, 11 9:38 am  · 
 · 
fhty

by the way

HI NATHAN'S FRIENDS

no for real, can you tell me what's the average class size at Columbers? I have no such searching skills.

Mar 7, 11 10:22 am  · 
 · 
Underslept

I'm pretty sure GSAPP M. Arch 1 is huge... I think they admit about 90 first year students.

Mar 7, 11 10:52 am  · 
 · 
||||

@aag2022

JJ Jackman (director of admissions) sent me an email a week ago today...informing me of my "early" acceptance.

99% sure i'll be at gsapp this fall.

Mar 7, 11 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

some more MIT posts on the grad cafe...looks like they're starting to email

Mar 7, 11 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
CThomas

Arrrhhhhhhggghghgh In at Princeton, Im about to faint!

Mar 7, 11 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

Congratulations, CThomas!

Mar 7, 11 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
NYer

Congratulations! How did you find out CThomas?

Mar 7, 11 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
pzuro

@CThomas: congratulations! M.Arch I or II? I was at Princeton in November during the open house for prospective students... what a wonderful campus, simply enchanting! Plus, you have the resources of NYC to get your urban fix and counter the cabin fever that can come with such an intimate environment. congratulations again, we are all seething with jealousy : )

Mar 7, 11 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
qdpv

congrats cthomas! i was fortunate enough to get accepted too, so i might be seeing you there this fall!

@nyer
i figured princeton would call given how small their incoming classes are, but it seems they stuck with email this time around. a little less dramatic then i envisioned but it was certainly a nice way to end a boring day at work.

Mar 8, 11 12:46 am  · 
 · 
CThomas

Yep I got an email too. I am so excited. I know the financial aid package is meant to be good, but does anyone have a clue roughly what sum it might be?

Mar 8, 11 1:49 am  · 
 · 
soali

would you mind sharing your portfolio? congrats on your hat trick!

Mar 8, 11 2:21 am  · 
 · 
varchitecture

hello all, first post on here, currently applying for fall (or summer!) admission to m. arch programs (3 yr). Undergrad in english lit.

so far, got into ASU/UMN, rejected from columbia (no lost sleep ;))

waiting to hear from:
U Penn, Berkeley, UT, Oregon, UIC, UCLA, SciArc, Pomona, UNM.

congrats to everyone who's gotten acceptances and good luck to those still waiting!!

Mar 8, 11 3:11 am  · 
 · 
CThomas

Here is a slightly shorter copy (it would just not upload to issuu at its original size with out seriously shrinking the file size and image quality, in the process a few pages have gone a little weird). I by no means think it is perfect, I think there is too much on many of the pages. However it does show a good range of drawings, hand, cad and models. There is quite a lot in it as well- so most aspects are covered i.e. technical as well as studio. Im pretty sure I had good references and my personal statement was written more like an academic essay, discussing my key points of interest within the field. I tried to talk about aspects architecture that specifically interest me rather than in more generic terms. Anyway hope it is of interest....

http://issuu.com/cthomas293/docs/portfolio_edited_2

Mar 8, 11 3:57 am  · 
 · 
^^

CThomas,

Did you apply to the March. II or I??

Congratulatons !!!

Mar 8, 11 10:51 am  · 
 · 
CThomas

M. Arch 1.

Mar 8, 11 10:54 am  · 
 · 
rcvino

Hey everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker.

First off, congratulations to everyone who has heard back from schools, and best of luck to all still waiting replies!

I was accepted into GSAPP and YSOA, and wanted to see if anyone accepted had heard about Financial Aid from YSOA yet.

Thanks!

Mar 8, 11 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Token AE

@CThomas

I have been lurking on this site for about two years, and your portfolio is hands down in the top three (if not the best) that I have seen thus far- there is a rhythm between all of your work that I have rarely seen elsewhere.

Not surprised whatsoever at the results you have mentioned so far- albeit I am now a bit less confident in my M.Arch I acceptance rates applying as an architectural engineer!

Good luck wherever you end up

Mar 8, 11 11:06 am  · 
 · 
abyssinian

Congrats CThomas! Great Portfolio.

Has anyone heard back from Cooper Union M. Arch. II?

Does anyone here know much about the program?

Mar 8, 11 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Franklsw

I take the lack of email from princeton is bad news then?

So Far Accepted - GSAPP
Denied - YSOA
Waiting - MIT, Penn, UCLA, Princeton

Mar 8, 11 11:46 am  · 
 · 
Franklsw

also...

does anyone know about a GSAPP package being mailed? It is really tiring always looking at the internet and would be very nice to just have a physical packet to look over.

Mar 8, 11 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
rcvino

I just spoke to someone at GSAPP; they said that the only thing that we would receive by mail is the Financial Aid Package, which should arrive by the end of the month. If anyone receives information from YSOA or GSAPP, let us know!

Mar 8, 11 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
jred

Hey, every Harvard applicants!!!

You can now on find your GSD acceptance status at the link below,

https://apply.embark.com/grad/harvard/design/decision/58/

Is there any one here who got admission from the GSD???

Mar 8, 11 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

This is truly killing me. All of the schools need to standardize this process so that everyone finds out at the same time. Then some of us won't feel so left out and crazy while everyone else is getting all the good news.

Mar 8, 11 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
Token AE

ignore that fool ^

Mar 8, 11 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Token AE

jred, not maryagnes :)

Mar 8, 11 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
jred

cjw5027, idiot. u should appologize me.

This ain't joke at all.

Mar 8, 11 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
mitboi

@jred, umm, yes, that URL is correct, but the results are not up yet.

Mar 8, 11 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Token AE

Appologize? Is that a clever portmanteau?

Just stop spamming here and on gradcafe :)

Mar 8, 11 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
jred

@cjw5027, spam??? what the hell r u talking about?

Have u ever tried to open that link? sucker.

Mar 8, 11 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
reverie

harvard gsd -looks like the link is correct, but the results are not out yet

Mar 8, 11 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

@cjw5027 - you had me worried there for a minute. I had never been called a fool before! :)

And yes, the spam on grad cafe needs to stop. Every time I refresh, there are no new results because that spammers' posts have to be ignored. Arrgghhh!

Mar 8, 11 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
mitboi

the entry regarding the GSD phone call is real tho. it's posted by my friend who got in.

Mar 8, 11 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

@ mitboi - congratulations to your friend.

Mar 8, 11 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
jred

@maryagnes, just shut the hell up, u mother fucker.

Mar 8, 11 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
are you Swick?

calm down jred - jeez

Mar 8, 11 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
jred

@maryagnes. if you say shit one more time, you'll be deserved it. fuck you.

Mar 8, 11 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
mitboi

@maryagnes, i just wanted to clarify that the spammer did not post the result. my frd also mentioned that she was told the status should be updated tomorrow. hope this helps.

Mar 8, 11 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

Wow, jred. Calm down, man. I didn't even say that you were the one that was spamming on grad cafe, but apparently I've hit a nerve. It's time to either bow out of this thread or make a decision to play nicely. Threatening people is not okay, whether on the web or in person.

Mar 8, 11 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Token AE

@mitboi

I don't think anyone doubted the initial post by your friend, only the subsequent ones by the spammer.

That is awesome that your friend heard early! I am sure it made their day, to say the least.

The spammer gives me the creeps, so much so that I changed my passwords on my online admissions accounts after investigating. Never know if it is some Nigerian phishing scam targeting architecture hopefuls, or something similar.

· 
Laurem

@mitboi did your friend know Christine Smith? Seems strange that only one person would post about a call (although I believe you that it's your friend). Just wondering if there is a reason that there aren't more calls being posted.

· 
maryagnes

@ mitboi - yeah, I didn't think your friend was the spammer. I figured you actually knew about your friend's results. She's very lucky - I hope she celebrated, or is going to!

Thanks for the tip on the updated status...

Mar 8, 11 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
maryagnes

@cjw5027 - this person just joined today, so I'm not sure why he/she is even here, other than to cause trouble. Totally justified in being creeped out...

Mar 8, 11 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
mitboi

@Laurem, she doesnt know Prof. Christine Smith; I don't think she knows any of the faculty in GSD actually. I have no idea why there is only one phone call.. and by a professor too. What's your take on this?

Mar 8, 11 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Laurem

When I read it I thought maybe she mentioned being interested in taking classes with her within her personal statement. Maybe they called a few people who they really want to come to the school to give them advanced notice. None the less, I am looking forward to tomorrow!

Mar 8, 11 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
mitboi

I just asked, she did none of it. she has no idea why a professor called her at all! she used a generalized letter of intent as well for all of her schools. i'm amazed. :)

Mar 8, 11 2:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: