Archinect
anchor

Architectural studies major: looking for a job

^^

Hi

I recently graduated from college with a major in architectural studies (aka pre-arch) and I am looking for jobs.

What are my chances to get a job in an architecture firm?? what kind of companies would hire someone with my accreditations? where should I look for openings?

Thanx

Jun 3, 10 4:06 pm
Milwaukee08

If you figure out let me know, I got my BSAS in Dec 09 and there's nothing out there unless you have an M.Arch or prior firm experience, or both!

I'm looking at getting an M.Arch as the only way to get a halfway decent job....

Jun 3, 10 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

you have tons of unemployed architects as well with many years of experience looking for the same answer

Jun 3, 10 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
achensch

waiting tables?

Jun 3, 10 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
Milwaukee08

I've been hoping to get a job at Barnes & Noble or something....

Jun 3, 10 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
zen maker

I friend found a decent job at bookstore, stacking books and sometimes selling on cash register, he has master's in architecture degree. He said, being on cash register is like a promotion. So good luck...

Jun 3, 10 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
qdpv

i took some time off architecture in mid-2008 and haven't had much luck finding an arch job since. i suggest that you continue applying and networking, but to keep your eyes open for opportunities that will help you pay the bills. freelance graphic design work is great because it pays well (average is $60/hr) and allows flexibility in your schedule for job interviews, personal projects, etc. it's nice too because it's more design-related then working at a register.

Jun 8, 10 7:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: