Archinect
anchor

Parklex Facade

James Meyer

Has anyone used the Parklex Exterior Facade product before? We are trying to research it before pitching it to a client, and so I thought I'd tap the resource pool known as archinect.

We are looking at using the exposed fasteners w/ mtl studs. I know that they recently have gotten positive results on their 12k hr weathering tests, but am concerned by their warranty. We have been quoted ~14/sf material cost, does anyone have any numbers for installed costs?

Also any problems with delamination or fading? Any installation photos, thoughts, problems run into, etc would also be greatly appreciated.

May 11, 10 3:58 pm
Bruce Prescott

You might ask Prrklex to refer you to a contact for the Plaza Apartments in San Francisco (Leddy Maytum Stacy/Paulette Taggert) - it has been up for a few years now and looks good from the ground. Rumor is it cost more than expected, but I don't have facts.

May 11, 10 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
ihearthepavilion

I used it about 5 years ago in a similar way. Has held up fine.
Another product that is very similar is called Prodema.

It works best as a rain screen. There is a project called Seminar II at the Evergreen State College in Washington state that used Parklex and sealed the joints with some sort of caulk. I haven't seen it in a couple of years, but it did not seem like a good application of the product. I have no idea what the total wall assembly is, but a rain screen system is safer in my opinion.

May 11, 10 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

seminar II?!?

bad application, bad building. there are really a lot of terrible details in that thing, really unfortunate cos it gets touted a lot as being good and green.

blech.

May 12, 10 12:13 am  · 
 · 
James Meyer

Does anyone have experience with Prodema? Thanks for mentioning it iheathhepavilion, they are significantly cheaper than Parklex. Of course that mankes me question their product more but I guess I will wait for the samples.

Any insights from someone who has used either material? Also, would it be better (or even just more affordable) to use a single layer of a nicer vapor barrier like vaproshield or a double layer of something cheaper?

May 18, 10 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: