Archinect
anchor

NCARB 6 month reporting period

Just wondering what NCARB is up to now with this ridiculous 6 month reporting period rule....

I have had an NCARB record since 2003 does that mean that this new rule doesn't apply to me?

Apr 15, 10 10:45 pm
metal

google it bro

Apr 15, 10 10:58 pm  · 
 · 

well it appears that it doesn't concern me from what I have googled, but I am just wanting to double check if anyone knows for sure.

Apr 16, 10 12:37 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
http://www.ncarb.org/Contact-Us.aspx
Apr 16, 10 12:43 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

They rolled out the 6 month program almost a year ago for new members. For existing members it will go into place July 1st of this year. So on July 1st, any experience older than 6 months that hasn't already been logged and approved will be void.

I think the intent with the program is to help interns keep track of their hours better and to make the program more efficient. By logging your hours more frequently you stay more focused on the program and also your adviser/supervisor/whatever have a better idea of where you stand on your hours.

Apr 16, 10 12:44 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

So what this means for you 1327 is that any previous hours that you don't already have logged in, you need to log them now or after July 1st they will not count for anything.

Apr 16, 10 12:48 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
Apr 16, 10 12:54 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
Apr 16, 10 1:05 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
Apr 16, 10 1:06 am  · 
 · 

cool... thanks unfortunately there are no AIA registered architects at the firm that I work at overseas! The majority of my experience is overseas so even though I have enough experience I can't get those stupid points! annoying!

Apr 16, 10 2:44 am  · 
 · 
EdgewoodAnimal

FYI, you can still get some of the credits even under a foreign architect.

Apr 16, 10 10:49 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

Work Setting C:

Training in a firm engaged in the practice of architecture outside the United States or Canada, under the direct supervision of a person credentialed to practice architecture who is not registered in a U.S. or a Canadian jurisdiction.

Maximum training hours: 1,880 training hours.

I think you can also earn up to 1,880 hours with supplementary education courses which can be done online.

Apr 16, 10 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

If you registered last year BY July for your NCARB number...then you have to report all your hours worked BY this July. If you don't register your hours by the this July, you can only report 6 months of work after that.

so my suggestion is if you have a NCARB number that you registered before last July, then you better hurry up and register your hours by this July!

Apr 16, 10 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: