Archinect
anchor

Architectural Designer vs Intermediate Architect.

arq00

what's the difference between this two tittle at the moment to apply for a job? Thank you for all your responses.

Apr 15, 10 1:35 pm
quizzical

Admittedly, there's considerable variety in how different firms use titles. But, just off the top of my head, I'd say the difference could be a licensure requirement / expectation.

Apr 15, 10 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
mleitner

Intermediate Architect is a licensed professional with 5-8 (10) years of experience.

Architectural Designer is a vague term that probably refers to someone who is not licensed. I would check the ad for experience and skill requirements, they will probably want 3-5 yrs of experience.

In practice there is little consistency in job titles. Something will mean one thing in one firm and another in a second firm.

Apr 15, 10 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

^ I actually seem the same title to mean different things at the same firm, different office locations. I thought I had seen somewhere that titles are determined by state registration boards, not NCARB or the AIA so an Intermediate Architect in California is not the same as an Intermediate Architect in New York.

All in all I don't think there is any hard and fast rule. It comes down to what the qualifications in the ad ask for.

Apr 15, 10 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

just apply for it

Apr 15, 10 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

and send the job ad to me so I can apply for it too. :)

Apr 15, 10 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Send the job to me so that I can fill the envelope with glitter and glitter bomb the HR rep. That will make the rest of your resumes look better by comparison.

Apr 15, 10 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
outthere

Apply to both ..it really cant hurt

Apr 15, 10 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
arq00

thanks you all, really helpful....job posting_link....
http://archinect.com/jobs/description.php?id=97508_0_30_0_C
http://archinect.com/jobs/description.php?id=97651_0_30_0_C

Apr 15, 10 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
tuna

nothing. whats the difference between a janitor or custodian? they probably get paid more than we do.

Apr 16, 10 4:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: