Archinect
anchor

A.R.E. Forum ???

Friends have told me of an ARE forum website that discusses the tests.

Just finished a practice vignette and I can't find the answer anywhere... so I am thinking of posting on the forum.

Any insight?

Apr 7, 10 3:47 am
farwest1

The forums are amazing, and were working until yesterday. But it seems the domain name just expired (in time for my exam Friday morning.)

Normally they would be here.

Apr 7, 10 8:23 am  · 
 · 
peace77

uh.....ARE forum why have you disappeared 2 weeks before my first test?

Apr 7, 10 8:27 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

Beware of ARE Forum. I recall that a few years ago some people were letting on a little too much detail about the exams than NCARB thought appropriate. Pretty sure those that got caught were given some harsh penalties, i.e. suspension from taking the exams. Feel free to look, but don't play.

When I was taking the exams I found the forum encouraging because there are so many idiots on there that would fail multiple times. Made me feel kinda smart.

Apr 7, 10 8:59 am  · 
 · 
marlowe

NCARB actually has sued interns for disclosing too much info related to their tests. That is one board where you just want to be a lurker. And, lurk cautiously because there are pieces of just plain incorrect info on the site.

Really, ARE forum was fantastic when Prof. Dorf would actually respond to your questions. His passing was a real loss to the intern community and the profession.

Apr 7, 10 10:54 am  · 
 · 
marlowe

NCARB actually has sued interns for disclosing too much info related to their tests. That is one board where you just want to be a lurker. And, lurk cautiously because there are pieces of just plain incorrect info on the site.

Really, ARE forum was fantastic when Prof. Dorf would actually respond to your questions. His passing was a real loss to the intern community and the profession.

Apr 7, 10 10:54 am  · 
 · 
peace77

Moot point for the time being. Site is non-existant. Ugh.

Apr 7, 10 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

but i just posted there yesterday regarding calgreen and the future of leed in california in 2011 as calgreen becomes mandatory and hey why not increase construction cost/design fees/plan check bureaucracy in the middle of a horrible recession sounds like a great idea to me yee-haw :'(

Apr 7, 10 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
tony

Man it's crazy I sure hope it's just a temporary mixup because there is so much good info on there as to how to study for the exams. Yes there is some wrong info but if you are reading enough of the forum you get a sense as to what is right and wrong. Also, in terms of people getting in trouble for disclosing test information, that shouldn't discourage you from posting on the site. Especially if it's your first test! I got a lot of really helpful answers to my questions on there, especially for the stupid graphics vignettes and I would highly recommend posting your solutions for people to critique. Just don't repeat anything specific you remember from the test. Simple. No need to poop your pants aquapura.

I've been waiting to hear back from CAB about my CSE results and have been checking the board obsessively to see if anyone else has heard anything so I guess it's a good thing for me...

Apr 7, 10 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
archivolt

looks like they are working on renewing the domain name. temp setup on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/areforum/172672569070#!/pages/areforum/172672569070?v=wall

Apr 7, 10 7:56 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks for the tips...

I am hoping to take a few test soon and am gutted that the forum is down! I have heard that people got in trouble for saying stuff on there, which I think is kind of stupid unless they are saying exact questions from the test. I think that friends always share info about tests in general, why is the ARE any different. They are trying to go against nature and be a bit too controling I think.... Yes there isthe argument that everyone that passes the test must be able to protect the well being of the public but seriousl the ARE is ridiculous in the first place with so many questions that have multiple answers and in the real world people can actually consult with books and other professionals to check their stuff...

Apr 7, 10 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
charles.ellinwood

the site is back up...

Apr 8, 10 11:50 am  · 
 · 
tony

the site is back down...

Apr 14, 10 2:24 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

the site is back up...

Apr 14, 10 10:34 am  · 
 · 
tony

I get a Forbidden+404 error when I try to load it up. Is this not happening for others?

Apr 14, 10 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

not 4 me

http://www.areforum.org/forums/index.php

Apr 14, 10 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: