Archinect
anchor

Architectural internship (please help me choose the firm)

Pavithra Niyogha

I have to choose a few firms in india and abroad (if possible) for internship and i am completely confused

these are the firms i am trying for
-charles correa, mumbai, india
-b v doshi, ahmedabad, india
-se arch, mumbai, india
-morphogenesis, delhi, india
-mindspace, bangalore, india

charles correa and bv doshi are incredibly difficult to get but i am still keeping my options open just in case.

could anybody help me with suggestions or advice?
thanks

Pavithra

Mar 21, 10 5:29 am
Pavithra Niyogha

nobody? :(

Mar 21, 10 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
WinstonSmith

I think you should go for the one that pays the least. That way you will have the most options.

Or you can come across the pond to the U.S. and score an H1B visa and you can work at any firm you want as you'll be able to undercut any and all competition for the same spots at firms by 1/2 price or less.

Mar 21, 10 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
plugnpla

Hey, thats great let me know which one you choose so I can have your left overs.

Mar 21, 10 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Pavithra Niyogha

gee. heartwarming.

thank you for spending the time to respond anyway.

Mar 21, 10 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

"Or you can come across the pond to the U.S. and score an H1B visa and you can work at any firm you want as you'll be able to undercut any and all competition for the same spots at firms by 1/2 price or less."

I wonder why archinect is being trolled by jingoist a**holes these days?

Mar 22, 10 12:46 am  · 
 · 
erjonsn

Go with Mindspace

Mar 22, 10 2:26 am  · 
 · 
Pavithra Niyogha

thank you for the suggestion.

i took your word and researched a little and i was told that mindspace is not on the same level of work or recognition as correa or bv doshi...... which are what I have narrowed down to. problem being that correa (though his firm very invitingly asks you to send him your portfolio) accepts only the top notch talent from all over the globe. that kinda sucks. BV Doshi apparently is full. i am full of bad luck.

anyway thanks for help!

Mar 22, 10 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
plugnpla

I think the overall sentiment is that, given the markets demand for entry level (or even higher) architects, curently you may actually have a snowballs chance in Tamil Nadu of landing the posistion you want. Of course you may have an advantage because you are probably willing to work for free.

Mar 23, 10 3:14 am  · 
 · 
bRink

hks has an office in india if you are looking for a larger international firm...

Mar 23, 10 3:39 am  · 
 · 
bRink

morphogenesis looks interesting...

http://www.morphogenesis.org/intro.php

Mar 23, 10 4:08 am  · 
 · 
WinstonSmith

"Or you can come across the pond to the U.S. and score an H1B visa and you can work at any firm you want as you'll be able to undercut any and all competition for the same spots at firms by 1/2 price or less."

I'm serious.

There are huge opportunities to be had...Check it out, esp. at 1:40:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU&feature=PlayList&p=126DD55E0E6CD89B&index=0&playnext=1

I'm sure if you contact Cohen & Grigsby they'll hook you up! Tell them Winston Smith sent you.

Mar 23, 10 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: