Archinect
anchor

Salaries in Toronto

Arnaud M.

Hello,

I just finished my M.Arch. and have found employment opportunities in Toronto. Living in Chicago, I don't have a clear idea of how much a M.Arch grad can ask for a salary. I have about 2.5 years of combined experience through internships and part-time jobs.

Mar 11, 10 6:04 pm
palito77

Congratulations Arnaud

I am not sure exactly what is the salary, but from I have heard is that experience you currently have from internships or part-time jobs does not count. It starts counting once you graduated. I think is just a scam to give lower salary rates.

take care

Mar 14, 10 9:14 am  · 
 · 
erjonsn

$38,000

Mar 14, 10 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Arnaud M.

%%%%%: what do you base this figure on?

Mar 14, 10 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

Sorry Arnaud, it was a made-up figure from what I've seen in job postings and those awful salary average tables published one "Career Info" websites.

Mar 14, 10 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

Can't help you with Toronto but MArch, 1.5 years experience, in Chicago at an arch + engineering firm hired last July- $58,000

Mar 15, 10 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
Arnaud M.

@thebldgblock : 1.5 years of experience post-graduation or do you also include internships and such?

Mar 15, 10 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

@Arnaud- I include internships and such that I completed following my junior year of undergrad. I had a 3 month internship after my junior year. I had a 7 month internship as part of my graduate studies. I had a 3 month internship between 5th and 6th year. And I have been working my current full time job since July.

Mar 16, 10 12:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: