Archinect
anchor

sauerbruch hutton office practices

has anyone worked for this firm? their work just gets better and better. i'm curious what their office environment is like.

I assume they conduct most of their business in German. (But I assume every German speaks excellent English. Am I stereotyping?)

anyway just curious. just saw this and was reminded how much i like these guys....

Feb 22, 10 4:43 am
mleitner

yup, they made the ribbon facade sexy again.

Feb 22, 10 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

I remember ten years ago, when matthias sauerbruch came to the bauhaus in weimar to give a presentation of their most recent projects. he explained the climate concept behind their - back then brand new - gsw headquarters in berlin, and I was absolutely blown away.

Feb 22, 10 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
eichlergirl

I worked with Matthias and Louisa about 15 years ago, handling their PR on a project, the GSW headquarters. Those guys are great and a really talented duo. She is English and he is German. They conduct their business mostly in English. My brother, who is an architect, worked for them in their German office for 2 years. He doesn't speak a word of German and he was fine because the office folks all spoke English.

Feb 22, 10 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
He doesn't speak a word of German and he was fine because the office folks all spoke English.

i hear a tornado of american résumés heading to germany...

Feb 22, 10 6:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: