Archinect
anchor

fun ideas for a public charette/workshop

LJTarchinect

I'm looking for inventive ideas for a charette with a mock client for a school project. All of the examples I see seem pretty standard kind of mind maps or surveys or fairly generic ways of gathering information. I think a game or some kind of fun activity that gets people talking about their community or ideals would be way cooler. Does anyone have ideas or resources where I could look for more info? thanks in advance.

Feb 14, 10 11:18 pm
jesus.saves

tap into the youth and children of the community
they can brutally honest on insight into the community vibe

Feb 15, 10 12:39 am  · 
 · 
minimalista

Search for "Visual Preference Survey"

Feb 15, 10 12:55 am  · 
 · 
n400

you've already considered various surrealist games?

Feb 18, 10 1:30 am  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

ooh actually build a charette wagon and work on the project right up til the last minute like in the olden days!

Feb 18, 10 2:39 am  · 
 · 

I wrote a proposal for a 24 hour charette... centred around students and professionals, and the cycles of the day to design a mixed typology housing-municipal office-health centre-school on an isolated site designed around the obvious dichotomy of place and placelessness it would create. Food and drink and wine was supposed to be provided and it was to be be filmed with cctv'esque cameras that recorded the interactions and activities and would later serve as the "exhibition" of sorts at the end.

Feb 18, 10 9:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: