Archinect
anchor

Fee for Simple Apartment Floor Plan

w4000

I was wondering what an appropriate fee would be for drafting autocad plans of individual apartments.

My landlord knows I'm working towards my architectural license so he asked me if I would draw him plans of the vacant apartments in my building. He just wants them so he can put them on his website listings.

So just a barebone plan with beds and tables dropped in.

Has anyone had any experience doing this for a big realtor?

Feb 9, 10 1:47 pm
LB_Architects

Why don't you suggest an hourly rate to him, rather than a fixed fee?

Feb 9, 10 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

We have.

Take a guess what it would take to measure each apartment and then drop it into Photoshop add drop shadows too. Don't call it a measured drawing call it a marketing brochure.

Each plan should not take more than two hours to measure and draw. especially if travel is up the elevator.

Note: give him hard copies or PDF's only.

Feb 9, 10 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
w4000

I have done some snooping around and have seen ranges from $80 - $200 an hour.

how do you charge the client dsc?

Feb 9, 10 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

You would be lucky at $30.00 per hour.

Knowing landlords as I do, they will remind you that you are freelancing and have no office, no employees, no insurance, no stamp, and that you will probably will not pay self-employment taxes on the income either.

Depending on location, a firm (who have all of these obligations) could get away with charging a drafter's rate of $85-110 per hour.

(note the 3.2 multiplier on a $30.00 per hour salary)

Feb 9, 10 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

Pretty tough to charge 80 - 200. I'd suggest that you barter for some amount of rent.

Feb 9, 10 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: