Archinect
anchor

Any Philadelphia offices using MAYA?

architectonik

I'm posting this to see if anyone knows of any Philadelphia architecture offices that implement MAYA software in their practice? If not in Philly, then where and which office? Thanks for your help

Jan 18, 10 12:32 am
AquillatheNun

Well you know Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown have to be using Maya! LOL.

Jan 18, 10 3:51 am  · 
 · 
architectonik

anyone? 120+ views in a day and nada?

Jan 18, 10 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
AquillatheNun

What? Am I chopped liver?

Jan 20, 10 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
tuna

design firms that are heavy in design like zaha, gehry, asymptote still using it but transfer their models into rhino. rhino has become the norm in every common office now.

Jan 20, 10 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

gehry_ physical models for design, digital project for production
zaha_ I think she is using less maya and more digital project

Look for schools that heavily use Maya in their design studios then see which faculty are there. More often than not you will find that said faculty are using Maya in their own practices (although you will likely have a difficult time finding a paying gig).

Jan 20, 10 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

James Cameron used it for Avatar. Also, check out Blue Sky Studios and Dreamworks Animation. Disney Animation uses it. You might have to leave Philadelphia to work these firms though...

Jan 20, 10 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

Winka Dubbledam's office probably does...not sure if she's actually based in NY or Philly.

like tuna said, most offices may use Maya for prelim/SD stuff but eventually transfer to something with more precision.

Jan 21, 10 12:40 am  · 
 · 
Balagan

Oops, quick google shows she's based in NY. But she has to be around Penn a fair bit of the time.

Jan 21, 10 12:41 am  · 
 · 
architectonik

Awesome, thanks guys I appreciate all the responses. Especially from AquillatheNun lol ... and no you are not chopped liver.

Jan 21, 10 1:19 am  · 
 · 
error404

architectonik, I told you to learn Rhino back in 2004.... but you never listen.

Jan 29, 10 6:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: