Archinect
anchor

web host recommendations

tinker10

so i have been working on a business site for my architectural & visualization services and is looking for a cheap & reliable host.
the last web host i had went out of business around 2003 so its been a while since i made a site.

there are so many available and knowing many of them paid to be on "top 10 host" type of list, I would like to get some recommendations from real users.

gathering what i saw from a bunch of offers online, i would need:

1. 1 or more free domain name.
2. unlimited size and usage.
3. reliable and live person 24/7 voice support.
4. no ads.

not sure if i need anything else...

the entire website itself is probably under 10mb, but i like to use it as an online hard drive as well.
the cheapest i found so far is $3.45 a month from justhost.com but i don't know if there is setup charge or how reliable they actually are.

anyway, if you have good experience with a good web host let me know, thanks!

Dec 7, 09 1:04 pm
gonad

I've used www.varialhosting.com in the past, super reliable

if you find a better price elsewhere, the owner Ryan will usually match and beat competitors.

Dec 7, 09 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
crave

I use justhost to host my indexhibit website...they're okay, quick response from their tech support, which is good since I've had issues with their email service.

Dec 7, 09 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

I've used pair networks for more than a dozen professional web projects over ten years. They cost more, but on the other hand, i've never had a server go down. I mean never.

Dec 7, 09 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Media Temple has been good, costs more, but better service than places like GoDaddy (that also has great support, we've just ran into a problem with their PHP before that MT didn't have)

Dec 8, 09 10:11 am  · 
 · 
tinker10

thanks for all your recommendations.

in case others have the same question, i came across this web host rating site ranked by end users that seem legit:

http://www.webhostingjury.com/

after reading comments, sorting out the cost and compared to what i needed, i decided to go with arvixe https://www.arvixe.com/

$4/mo. 99.9% uptime w/free domain, unlimited space & transfer seem like a great catch!

Dec 9, 09 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: