Archinect
anchor

architects as sculptors

IADR

can anyone please name me any architects which have designed sculptors for various regions around the world.
I need it for an essay I am writing.

Thank you.

~Houman~

Oct 25, 04 2:46 pm
mache

I'm not sure if this will help....Donald Judd - architecture and sculpture.

Oct 25, 04 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

FOG
Hadid
Libeskind
Calatrava
Eisenman
Meier

I am sure any architect would take the job to build some sculpture, I know I would!

Oct 25, 04 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i am more interested in the topic of sculptors as architects, esp. some of judds renovations in marfa. me gusta his artillery sheds.

Oct 25, 04 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

you've seen the rest, now..

Oct 25, 04 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I don't really think architects make good sculpture. At least, I can't think of an example of a work that is an amazing SCULPTURE. There are lots of "sculptural environments" that were designed by architects. Here's one:

cranbrook entry

But again, I think sculptors make better sculptural environments, for the most part, than we do.

Serra: torqued ellipses

and Tim Hawkinson: uberorgan

Architects tend to be too, well, anal about order and structure to make anything truly body-oriented.

On the other hand, Mark West is pretty sculptural, but again, within the vocabulary of architecture, not pure form: concrete formwork

Oct 25, 04 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

vito acconci

Oct 25, 04 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

dennis oppenheim

Oct 25, 04 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

tony smith- architect trained by flw turned influential sculptor. he translated 'architectural order' into compelling sculptures.

Oct 25, 04 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

p-a-t-t-e-r-n-s
"snake rice"
korea

excellent example of architectural sculpture

Oct 26, 04 1:14 am  · 
 · 
ether

maya lin

Oct 26, 04 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: