Archinect
anchor

Part time work hourly rate

webtearout

What hourly rate would you suggest for someone that has 10 years residential experience and a master's. I am doing mostly cad work and some design for a residential firm in Houston. I was going to ask for 20 an hour for 20 -30 hours a week, since most people have taken pay cuts, right now. Any suggestions?

Nov 9, 09 9:37 am
On the fence

$20 sounds like a good starting point for the ten years of residential experiance, get in and start raising that fee. Maybe another buck for the masters. Sorry JMHO.

Nov 9, 09 10:52 am  · 
 · 
sgnielsen

20 an hour seems awfully low for 10 years exp. You have to remember, you won't be receiving insurance, bonuses, pto, etc. The company I previously worked for charge their clients somewhere around $90 to $130 hr for someone with your experience. I'm just saying.

Nov 10, 09 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

30/hr min.

Nov 10, 09 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

I'm doing some part time work on a government feasibility study through an engineering contractor, and I'm billing $70/hr. Of course, If I was billing an architecture firm instead that might be closer to $50.

Nov 10, 09 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

With only a Masters degree and only 10 years experience I think $20/hr is way too high. Maybe $13 or $15 tops. You don't want to scare away the client by asking for an hourly rate that is more than a burger king employee, do you? I'd say stick to the low teens and you should get the job, no problems whatsoever.

You can also throw in a free car wash if they balk at $13/hr.

Nov 10, 09 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

9.25 an hour, 4 free drinks per 6 hours, two 15 minute breaks, paid uniform, split tips and 25 minutes for lunch every 8 hour shift.

50 dollar denny's gift card sign on bonus. and on alternate tuesdays, casual dress day.

submit to a drug test, personality evaluation, psychological evaluation, background check, credit check, apartment rental history check and provide 4 references. all at your expense.

also, be sure to submit an 11 page application that takes 5 and a half hours to fill out. oh, and sign a hepatitis B liability waver.

Nov 10, 09 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
binary

hahaha.... at orochi.... been there and done that...

if it's contract type work and they send you a 1099, i would charge 40-50 an hour......

Nov 10, 09 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: