Archinect
anchor

Young progressive firms in CHICAGO?

batdinger

Was looking to find a job for the summer in Chicago. But I feel like the arch scene for the most part is pretty slow/boring. Any firms that do good progressive design in Chicago? I was trying to avoid highly bureaucratic firms like som, pw, etc but any suggestion would be appreciated.

I only know of urbanlab and zoka zola.

Oct 30, 09 9:37 am
__|_|_ |',__|_

Studio Dwell
John Ronin

Oct 30, 09 9:55 am  · 
 · 
__|_|_ |',__|_

Garofalo Architects
Weathers Architects

Oct 30, 09 10:03 am  · 
 · 

studio gang...

just take a look at the faculty lists of all of the architecture schools and you should find pretty much everyone.

Oct 30, 09 11:57 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

Studio Gang of course.
David Woodhouse

there's a bunch. it depends on if you're looking for "progressive" as in Metropolis mag or "progressive" as in Dwell mag... if the latter, then I would add Wheeler Kearns, Wilkinson Blender...

I feel like there are tons on the tip of my brain, will mull it over for a minute.

Oct 30, 09 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

agree with all of the posts above....good luck getting in, because some of them are very slow too

Oct 30, 09 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
batdinger

thanks for the suggestions so far...seems that there are very few, but its nice to see some names come up

Nov 2, 09 9:19 am  · 
 · 
gresham

All of the above are good suggestions.

A couple more (not necessarily "young" but have done some nice work):

Brininstool+Lynch

Kreuck Sexton

Nov 2, 09 9:35 am  · 
 · 
Third Conchord

more chicago firms/studios worth looking into:

Paul Priessner Architects
MAS Studio
R + D Studios LLC
Strawn Sierralta
STUDIO IDE...
Dirk Denison Architects
ORAMBRA (The Office of Robotic Architectural Media & Bureau for Responsive Achitecture)
CLUAA (Clare Lyster Urbanism and Architecture
Jordan Mozer + Associates
Oisse Architects
xavier vendrell studio
Perimeter Architects
Protostudio

Nov 3, 09 10:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: