Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

archifrench

I got into GSD MLA 1 AP !!!!!!!! YES !

Mar 7, 14 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
mkt680

Updated status on Yale too FYIFYI

Mar 7, 14 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
Tabeguache

Mine just updated, rejected from the GSD. No worries still off to MIT with a fellowship y'all!

Mar 7, 14 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

O god. GSD and Yale both sending out. I am going to pass out from the nervousness.

Mar 7, 14 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
as22

Rejected from Yale, BOOM.  Feeling pretty good about all of this, though.  Good luck, everyone! 

Mar 7, 14 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
designer_jawn

I had a meeting back in November with the GSD's Assistant Director for Requirement and he told me that there are a little over 80 spots for M.Arch I and around 30 for the M.Arch II so congrats to everyone who got into the GSD... My status still says submitted. 

Mar 7, 14 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
shte89

status update on gsd application for me too, rejected. well never mind, still got sci-arc and ucla acceptances, and waiting for  gsapp too.

Mar 7, 14 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
AJ_Urbanist

I'd really love if GSAPP released their decisions today too. Cmmmmmmon NY.

Mar 7, 14 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@archifrench

CONGRATS!!! Same here!

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

Mar 7, 14 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
shep

In at Yale and GSD over here! Congrats to everyone else!

Mar 7, 14 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Denied to both Yale and GSD womp womp

Congrats to everyone that got in!

· 
archifrench

@RhinoTRAP CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU !!!! We made it !!! Does GSD your first choice you think ?

· 
Tabeguache

Wow shep congratulations!!! 

my buddy just checked the GSD, rejected, then Yale, admitted. 60 second whirlwind! So happy for everyone! 

Mar 7, 14 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@archifrench

It's tied for 1st w/ Cornell (don't know) and UVA (rejected) I'd say. Gonna come down to $$ negotiation vs UT and Cal money. But I can't even feel feelings right now.

Mar 7, 14 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
dwgzandhustlaz

my Yale application status still says "submitted"... anyone else experiencing this?

Mar 7, 14 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

GSD ftw!

Mar 7, 14 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts
My Yale one hasn't changed yet either. But I am towards the end of the alphabet....
Mar 7, 14 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
dwgzandhustlaz

@C. Watts: I see, that thought crossed my mind too... good luck to you though! i hope this doesn't mean we have to wait until monday. we've waited long enough as it is, and is terrible now that so many people have already heard. good to hear that its not just me

and congratulations to everyone who got into yale and GSD! hell yeah!

Mar 7, 14 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
dailyarch

Does anyone's Yale letter indicate aid or is it just I don't get any?

Mar 7, 14 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

When Columbia  and SCI- Arc are releasing the letters?!!!!!

I just checked... GSD and Yele has refused me!

Mar 7, 14 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
AArch2014

Whew, got into UT Austin M.Arch, UC Berkeley MLA, and Yale M.Arch just now. Been reading this frantically for a while now, but hadn't said anything until I knew...

@johnvivi, I was wondering the same thing. I bet they will release the financial info later.

Congratulations all, and good luck to those waiting to hear back!

Mar 7, 14 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
dwgzandhustlaz

@unamuno, the best way to predict that would be to look here: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=architecture+%28columbia%7Csci-arc%29&t=a&o=

@AArch2014, congratulations! what a flurry

Mar 7, 14 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Congrats everyone who got GSD! I didn't but that's fine. My heart wasn't set on it anyway.

Still waiting for 2 more. Feeling hopeful for Washington, not particularly for Columbia.

Mar 7, 14 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Micah Macaulay

Denied for GSD MLA as well. But, also got my admissions letter from WUSTL today, officially in to the MLA/MArch dual degree program!

Mar 7, 14 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

Fill so sad... I did my best, really did... :(

@dwgzandhustlaz

Thank you.

I still have a hope for SCI-Arc and GSAPP

Mar 7, 14 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
snail

Should have applied to more schools than just GSAPP and Penn ... just so that I could have heard something by now!

Mar 7, 14 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

Denied by the GSD (MAUD). Woke up to find an email directing me to the page. 

Waitlisted by Cornell. MIT still hasnt sent me an email. Though other applicants to the SmarchS have recieved letters.

Time to start looking for a nice job.  Sad cause I really was looking forward to going back to school. 

Mar 7, 14 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

Congratulations to all who got admitted. @iematraveler: do they do the same with every applicant applying to M.Arch AP program? After completing B.Arch, spending another 3 years instead of 2. That makes me think over. But my app status has changed yet for UMN.

Mar 7, 14 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
Calories

Congratulations for all GSD admits. I am applying for MUP, but I have not received any emails. AND my application is still at the status of "Submitted". What does that mean? Silent rejection?

Mar 7, 14 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

Did any Yale people get financial aid info?

Mar 7, 14 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

Sorry, my app status has not changed yet for UMN.

Mar 7, 14 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
WHEAT

GSD, MArch II BUMMER. Just waiting on Cooper Union, but doubtful. Good luck out there.

Mar 7, 14 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@Calories I'm in the same situation but for GSD M.Arch I. No acceptance, no rejection, and my app still says "Submitted". 

In previous years there was a big wave of acceptances and rejections like we saw today. That was followed by a small trickle of mostly rejections (but a few wait lists and acceptances). I think there's still a small chance of a positive response. But this year's pattern seems to be different so I'm just recklessly speculating.

Mar 7, 14 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Calories

@Cedar

When did you complete your file? I completed mine 15days after the deadline because of my recs.

Totally no idea on what is going on. I think last year, they sent out all acceptances first. But this year, it seems that all results are coming out at the same time.......

I promise that I paid the application fee..

Mar 7, 14 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@Calories I completed my file on Dec 31. If your app says "submitted" I wouldn't worry about it being incomplete. Have you received any other emails from the GSD, like the ones about the financial aid app?

You're right that last year there was an initial blast of acceptances sent out first. In 2012 and 2011 a bunch of acceptances and rejections came out on the same day, similar to what happened today.

I've given up trying to predict when the decisions will come. I am trying my best to enjoy this emotional roller coaster.

Mar 7, 14 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
sjimenez.sj

I just received an acceptance letter via email from Michigan for MArch I, so if you have not heard from them.... be patient, apparently there is still a glimmer of hope.  Congrats to all who received acceptance letters from the vast variety of schools!!  Good luck everyone!! 

Mar 7, 14 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@sjimenez.sj Congrats! I'm getting more and more intrigued about Michigan. I think it's a great program.

Mar 7, 14 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Calories

@Cedar

I just logged into the financial aid website that still works. I have tried to refresh my websites for a couple of times but it still the same. Why they did this on Friday? 

Mar 7, 14 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
sjimenez.sj

@Cedar Thank you! and yes, I am very fond of Michigan. Good luck on the ongoing decisions you have left!

Mar 7, 14 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

The admissions offices are closed on weekends right? Or can we expect anything over the weekend?

Mar 7, 14 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

Has anyone gotten any rejections from the SMarchS programs at MIT? 

Mar 7, 14 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

@Runa, I applied to the SMarchS program as well. According to gradcafe a few admissions have been sent out. Doesnt seem like the rejections have come out yet.

Mar 7, 14 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

@darth_arch. A friend of mine got her rejection letter a week ago. And I haven't heard anything from them. So I was wondering if anyone else had heard from them  

Mar 7, 14 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

Do the majority of applicants post results on gradcafe?

Mar 7, 14 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

Well I havent recieved anything yet. I wrote to Darren yesterday, who is the web admin at MIT - to enquire when they were planning on notifying us. He hasnt replied yet. 

Mar 7, 14 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

Thanks for letting me know! Good luck to the both of us :) 

Mar 7, 14 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@regina11

My guess is that only a tiny percentage of applicants post their results on grad cafe. I also think people who are accepted are over-represented.

Princeton is one of the only schools that post their admission statistics. In 2013, they received 502 applications for their graduate architecture programs. There are only 22 posted results on grad cafe for Princeton architecture programs that year. That's less than 5% of the applicant pool. 

(these are the things I do while waiting for my results)

Mar 7, 14 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
samwise

Wait listed at Yale. Rejected from GSD. Does anyone know my chances of getting off the list? Congrats to all!

Mar 8, 14 12:51 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

@Cedar,  definitely a commendable job. 

Do you have any statistics relating to the Cornell waitlist? Im on the M.Arch II list. Odds of making the program?

Mar 8, 14 1:01 am  · 
 · 
cedar

@darth_arch My best guess

Mar 8, 14 1:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: