Archinect
anchor

Greensboro, NC

tinydancer

So, there may be a chance that I am moving to Greensboro, NC or surrounding area for my husbands job. Anyone know if some architecture firms in the area that are doing great work? Small town, I know...a little scared.

Oct 18, 09 10:26 am
Justin Ather Maud

"great work," as well as "small town" are going to be a relative terms. Chapel Hill, about 45 minutes east, has some "great work?" being done by Dixon Weinstein and Szostak (sp?) Design. If you could manage to live half way, the commute might not be such a time sink. Duda Paine, Freelon Group and Ellen Cassily, all in Durham, are very respectable.

Winston Salem and High Point are west, but the caliber of work produced there falls to "good," IMO.

Oct 18, 09 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
Chris Ford

I concur with J.A.M. If you lived in Burlington (or farther east) then he could feasibly commute to Greensboro, and you could commute to Chapel Hill.

Know however that the Triad area (Winston-Salem) has long been frustrated with having to compete with both the RDU and Charlotte areas for architectural talent, and so rumor is that the Triad pays well as a means of attracting / competing.

All said, there is nothing stopping you from getting your own swerve on, and then additionally exploring an adjunct role with UNC-Greensboro's Interior Design program.

Oct 19, 09 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
tinydancer

thanks for the input...we talked about it this weekend and decided he will pass on the job...but will keep looking in NC...so thank you for the suggestions!

Oct 19, 09 7:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: