Archinect
anchor

Words / phrases that need to go away?

Saint in the City

( Sorry, I guess I'm feeling irritable...! )

1.  You're talking to someone and they keep saying "Right???"  with the weird up inflection.

2.  As someone agrees with points you're making, they keep giving you the open-hand gesture and simultaneously proclaiming "Thank you"... 

Yours?

Feb 5, 14 9:36 am
Non Sequitur

Like, Literallllly, Ummm and those types usual culprits tend to make me discount someone's opinion rather quickly.

"God bless you" or some variant of it usually makes me want to scream.

Feb 5, 14 10:03 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

I agree with the above words/phrases that need to go.

That being said, 'that being said' needs to go, too.

Feb 5, 14 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Benjamin_

The word "trending" gets under my skin and needs to stop. This isn't Twitter....  

Interior designer: "Yes, I love that tile! It's trending right now!"

Feb 5, 14 11:28 am  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

"Ive got a better Idea."  Only Idea is  "Idearrrr" with a new england accent

Feb 5, 14 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

oh my god

you know

whatever

Feb 5, 14 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

"Do you know what I mean?"

"The reality is..."

Feb 5, 14 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

"No worries"

And, like Saint, I'm also very annoyed by someone ending every phase or sentence with a rise in tone, as if everything is a question.

"I was late to class because my alarm didn't go off?  Then there was a lot of traffic?  Anyways I couldn't read because the internet was down?  But I want you to know that I'm super super serious about your class..."

Feb 5, 14 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

Norwegian speech always ends on a rising note. Everything sounds like a question?

Feb 5, 14 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Someone is describing something to you, and no matter how obvious the subject matter, they inevitably end with, "Make sense?"    Which is as if to say, "I'm pretty much operating on a much higher plane here, so let me know if you aren't keeping up.

Feb 5, 14 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
legopiece

Not necessarily a specific saying:  it irks when some is talking around you nod they are purposely being loud , though you could care less they are obviously talking to you  but not directly. Very high achool ish.

At the office any talk dealing with age,race, politics personal stuff .  It doesn't belong at work .

when someone looks at you and assumes they know better because they talk louder.

"Do you know what I meannn?

"anything about college frats, sororities. " must go

"talking on phone for 8 hours every day" must go

i got to go 

Feb 5, 14 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
cg_8
One word:

Fancy

Drives me nuts! This isn't ketchup!
Feb 7, 14 12:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: