Archinect
anchor

looking to work in Europe

laistm

I'm a fresh grad B.Arch and M.Arch in Industrial design in India, looking for work outside. Europe or United States. Looking for something which would ideally utilize my skills as an architect as well as product design.

Need pointers - what to look for?
How do i focus my search?
What i should keep in mind while applying.
What to expect? etc..

Oct 14, 09 6:45 am

find a place you want to work, and apply there.

make sure you ask if the company will help you with your work visa.

Oct 14, 09 8:26 am  · 
 · 
laistm

any suggestions as to where to work?

Oct 15, 09 12:16 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

seriously?

world architects

Oct 15, 09 12:22 am  · 
 · 
laistm

:-)

Oct 15, 09 12:57 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

Some, let's say, more notable design offices in Europe usually have substantial model shops-I know Coop Himmelb[L]au has interns/students work in their modeling/prototyping lab in which 3D computer modeling is used to fabricate components for physical models used for competitions. Prix has been known to develop young design teams to work on competition projects-if you win, well lucky you!

If you are familiar with rhino and maya, etc...know how to use 3D printers and routing machines, etc...and can build models (and don't mind working a lot), then you might look into applying to offices like that to get in the door. Just a thought.

Oct 20, 09 9:30 am  · 
 · 
laistm

hmm interesting idea. its a valuable skill to have...

Oct 20, 09 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: