Archinect
anchor

You have nothing to do with this town Prince Charley!

David Cuthbert

I was here making ammendments to this new 50 acre town here in the Caribbean, and all of sudden someone drops a copy of Prince Charles bullshit in Dorchester. Why is it that people still hold on to such poor modes of expression such as Historiscism?

Oct 22, 04 11:14 am
el jeffe

I think it's a refuge for those without a vision for the future or who are truly pessimistic about it.

Oct 22, 04 11:45 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

"i think it's a refuge for those without vision"...and just leave it at that...

Oct 22, 04 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

now I'm being hinted at putting "decoration" into the ordinances because someone important likes the frill and fancy of fret work and gingerbread houses.

Now our offices are going to be located in this new town. And its going to be a gun toting, clean lined, celebration of regional modernism (to be dubbed Tropical Moderne)...nothing 'cept "tearing it from my dead hands" shall make it otherwise....

sorry just had to vent

Oct 22, 04 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
JG

Even with strict building codes you can create some amazing stuff. Look at Holl's bldg in seaside, Gehry's suburban house, or some of Venturi's or Moore's work. Sometimes "rules" can be more liberating in creating something then total freedom.

Oct 22, 04 5:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: