Archinect
anchor

states without IDP

turk

Are there any states out there that don't require IDP? I live in CA and have completed all my AREs. I graduated before the deadline, so I don't need to do IDP in this state, only the CSE. I'm kind of burnt out and don't feel like tackling the CSE for a bit, but I do feel like getting my license. What state can I apply to that will grant me a license?

Thanks

Oct 10, 09 10:20 am
not_here

Puerto Rico.

Oct 10, 09 11:53 am  · 
 · 
SaloDaniel

i thought AZ was one...maybe it changed recently

Oct 10, 09 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com

Visit NCARB's website -- www.ncarb.org

Oct 10, 09 6:27 pm  · 
 · 

fluxbound is right. PR and the US Virgin Islands don't require IDP for registration, but you may have to sit for the exam (again).

.... but I'm not sure how reciprocity works. It may not count for anything unless you want to live in the Caribbean designing seaside villas for rich white folks, and taking your boat out for 'site visits' ;)

Oct 10, 09 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

and by seaside villas you mean orthogonal concrete boxes painted in pastel colors with no exterior glass because everyone's paranoid about crime?

Oct 11, 09 9:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: