Archinect
anchor

LEED, 2009 Edition

Does anyone have a copy of "Green Building Design and Construction Reference Guide, 2009 Edition" they are finished with / willing to part with?
I am looking to buy a copy for less than the USGBC's price of $185. Or can anyone recommend a better book to prepare for the exam? Thanks!

Oct 5, 09 2:25 pm

When I studied for the exam I found that the reference guide was full of FAR too much information and was more distracting than helpful. I passed through a combination of flash cards and the tests at greenexamprep dot com, I can't speak for their 2009 edition... but as far as the 2.2 test goes (which I took in May) it was an invaluable resource. I don't recommend buying the reference guide for simply gaining the credential. Unless you are independently working on a LEED project or planning on becoming a commissioning agent it is not worth it.

Oct 6, 09 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
Alexi

Don't you get access to an unprintable online version when you sign up for the test?

Oct 7, 09 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

no

Oct 7, 09 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
ianschopa

The pdf version is $175. I decided to go with the hardcover and got the student discount. It came out to $99.

Thanks for the advice loremipsum... I will try the website you mentioned along with the book I ordered.

Oct 7, 09 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
nappy

screw LEED
anyone and their mom's can take it..thus I am against it.
There's no real value to it since it's not very exclusive.
YEH i'm a LEED "professional" after i study it for 2 weeks and pass the exam!
*claps*

I don't agree with this BS at all.

bottom line.

Oct 7, 09 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

i didnt buy the reference guide. I wound up buying the green associate study guide from greenexamprep.com
inexpensive and did its job. let me know if you want it

Oct 10, 09 12:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: