Archinect
anchor

NCARB ARE test score delays

Canary Trace

I passed 8 of the 9 ARE divisions before the transition from version 3.1 to 4.0. I retook SD in early August under 4.0 and have now waited 2 months. I had heard there were some delays in the transition, but no official word from NCARB until they posted the following September 24th. I know I'm venting, but I think its unnacceptable that it took them three months to let people know there was a problem. Does anyone else find this absurd?

A Message to NCARB From Prometric Regarding Delayed Score Reports

September 2009

Score reports for those candidates who have tested since early July have been delayed. In addition, there are a few candidates who tested in June whose results have also been delayed.

Since early July 2009, Prometric has been involved with terminating the ARE 3.1 program and transitioning almost 20,000 candidates with almost 87,000 eligibilities to the 4.0 program. Along with that, we originally planned for scores for ARE candidates testing in early July to be processed and mailed by late-August, assuming that was sufficient to implement system changes. However, these changes were more complicated than expected and have taken longer to complete.

As we have shared in the past, scores are processed in sets that take about two to three weeks. We have received over 4,000 solutions in the set that is currently being processed. This set started processing in mid-September and we expect to complete it by the end of September. Given the large volume of results and the processing required, we are planning to print and mail about 1,100 score reports by September 25, and another 2,000 by October 2.

We regret any inconvenience that this has caused candidates

Sep 28, 09 11:27 am
tidalwave1

wow, they actually gave you some info. last fall they were just delayed... just be glad that you are almost done with them...

Sep 28, 09 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Canary Trace

Thanks Tidal. I am very excited to finish the exams. I put them off for way too long. I think that's why I'm particularly antsy. As a side note, The ARE Forum has an interesting thread that has developed as the weeks of delays have piled-up. I think NCARB finally felt like they needed to point the blame at someone, in this case, Prometric. This is the first time I've heard that Prometric graded the exams. I thought we were always told that the tests were forwarded to NCARB in DC for processing.

Sep 28, 09 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
zen maker

yikes!
ARE exams is another reason of the many reasons why I quit architects... :(

Oct 5, 09 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah it's sooooooo impossible, quit now be4ore it's too late.

Oct 5, 09 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
Canary Trace

Eleven weeks and counting....
(Did I really take the test, or was it a bad dream?)
I know it will eventually show up; I wish that after waiting so long that the results would include more than the simplistic 'Pass' or 'Fail'. The ARE is not a college survey course. As professionals we should have far greater expectations than a star or frowny face next to our name.

Oct 19, 09 8:20 am  · 
 · 
simples

canary - i hope your wait is rewarded with good news...also, i agree with you on the simplistic results. i am still not convinced of the need to keep the ARE scoring process so secretive.

Oct 19, 09 4:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: