Archinect
anchor

Napa Wineries

boniver

Anyone have any suggestions for wineries for two architects to see in Napa?...other than the obvious Dominus by H&dM. Oh, and the wine should be good too :)

Thanks!

Jun 8, 11 10:36 am
tagalong

Cade Winery had recently opened a couple of years ago when my wife and I went. It was my favorite. http://www.cadewinery.com/cade/

Jun 8, 11 1:13 pm  · 
 · 

Dominus isn't even open to the public.

Jun 8, 11 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
CalSpy

Francis Ford Coppola's winery in Rutherford, called Rubicon Estate Winery. Don't confuse it with the new one he opened in Napa, which might be more attraction park-y (though I haven't been there yet).

Here's a snippet from wikipedia: 

"Coppola, with his family, expanded business ventures to include winemaking in California's Napa Valley when he purchased the former home and adjoining vineyard of Gustave Niebaum located in Rutherford, California. He purchased the property in 1975 using proceeds from the first movie in the Godfather Trilogy.[77] ... After purchasing the property, he produced wine under the Niebaum-Coppola label. He purchased the former Inglenook Winery chateau in 1995 and renamed the winery Rubicon Estate Winery in 2006."

Jun 8, 11 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

The Hess Collection (http://www.hesscollection.com/) is well worth the drive to its somewhat remote location. In addition to some great wine, they have a wonderful modern art collection. We went about 6 weeks back and subscribed to the "Tour Of The Palate" ($50 / person) that provided a private docent tour of the art museum, along with a tour of the winery and a tasting of three current release wines, expertly paired with three exquisite creations from Hess Collection's Executive Chef  - I'm the cheapest guy around and this experience was absolutely worth the money.

Jun 8, 11 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

Agreed, Hess was worth the visit.

Jun 8, 11 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: