Archinect
anchor

EPC - A new way to satisfy IDP training units?

walldrug

A recent visit to the NCARB site (to finally add old training experiences) revealed that there may be a new alternative to achieve IDP training units.

"Effective 1 July 2009:
Interns who are employed in qualified work settings can earn up to five training units toward the minimum (core) required training units in each training area by completing qualified activities in the Emerging Professional’s Companion 2009 (EPC 2009)." - www.ncarb.org

This seems like a major change. And, if I understand correctly, it will be great alternative for hard to get categories like Bidding and Negotiation.

Has anyone pursued this? How does it work? The NCARB website and the EPC website (www.epcompanion.org) aren't particularly helpful in explaining the details.

Sep 6, 09 9:36 am
LucasGray

I know they sometimes have online quizzes that correspond to their monographs that you can earn credit for. Perhaps there is a similar set up for this. If you find out more please post the info - I'm interested too.

After reading the description on the epc site I think that is how it works. You read each chapter (there is a practice quiz at the end of each) and then you take an online quiz on the IDP website.

Sep 7, 09 5:02 am  · 
 · 
LucasGray

Upon further reading of the site I think you need to submit the credit through the e-EVR and have your current IDP supervisor approve it.

Sep 7, 09 5:05 am  · 
 · 
outthere

Look here under "recent news"

Sep 7, 09 10:24 am  · 
 · 
walldrug

Thanks for the comments. This definitely seems like a more convenient way to satisfy those harder categories.

Anyone taken the quizzes yet? What were they like? How did it work? What was the documentation process like?

Sep 7, 09 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

this is not a new alternative. The EPC has always been available it just wasn't publicized much. And they're only mentioning it now because you have to log the units through EVR.

Sep 8, 09 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
pigeon

Has anyone done this? What is the max credits you can get? Which categories?

Sep 9, 09 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
outthere

looks like they changed their "recent news" ...it used to say 5 TU's per category max.

Sep 9, 09 7:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: