Archinect
anchor

It's time for new glasses...

design geek-girl

Naturally, I don't expect this to be the most urgent issue of your day, but, I need new eyeglasses. I'd like to avoid the overpriced gucci trap this time around. Any suggestions?

Thanks fashionistas and fellow geeks...

Oct 20, 04 10:35 am
instrumentOFaction
http://www.pd-eyewear.com/

not cheap but they will last.

Oct 20, 04 11:08 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Gold & Wood (I love mine)

Oct 20, 04 11:20 am  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

KONISHI JAPAN

Oct 20, 04 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
TED

why not take up a classic look as long as the old boy is retiring now....

Oct 20, 04 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i have this brand. they were not cheap, but they are well made, and i love them.

http://www.faceaface-paris.com/html/index_uk.htm

Oct 20, 04 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
bussa

where can you get PD's

Oct 20, 04 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
TED

stephanie,

bet you look smashing in them and really turn heads when you strut down the boulevard .... any matching shoes or other accessories?

Oct 20, 04 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

I ONLY WEAR RED, BLACK, AND WHITE.
OH. AND SOMETIMES PINK.

Oct 20, 04 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
aml

4 months ago, after being a lifelong eyeglasses wearer, 4 eyes geek, i decided to have laser surgery [$2,000, am in south america so its cheaper]. so this is totally weird... i no longer have the peacocks and feathers an architect is allowed [as per harvard weblog post]. of course i love being able to go to the beach and swim in the ocean while being able to actually see, and waking up and not having to put my glasses on, etc, but here's my confession: i do miss my nerdy black frame stereotype architectural glasses.

i'm shallow. : )

Oct 20, 04 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

aml, same here for me... but now it's 2 years later and my eyes have become extremely sensitive to light. So I have to wear sunglasses at all times outside on sunny days (or at least I've had to the last few weeks), and I bought some nice Pradas.
DGG, I have a pair of Lafont Bastille frames I don't need anymore (see above) and I'll send em to you if you want. You can look them on eyeglasses.com - they have a triple color frame that's pretty cool. The front looks burgundy/brown (semi-translucent) but when you look at it on top there's a blue stripe and the inside is whiteish/clear. Email me if you want - I would send pics but I can't find my camera right now (and should be working, haha).

Oct 20, 04 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

stephanie...those faceaface designs are nice...

bussa...regarding the PD's;i have been looking at these for a while. they are a Danish company so retailers/opticians have to deal with the factory. the cincinnati 'distributor' York Vision Cntr @ (513) 891-2020. i called them on a hunch and they said they carry 'a lot' of those frames. their website isn't currently online...but when i spoke to them, they said that if you know what frame you want, (and i suppose your Rx) they do the ordering over the phone for you. i know its not the best answer, since you aren't in cincinnati...but you might try a local optician that can do the same thing for you in your area.

Oct 20, 04 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the suggestions, all good choices... well, maybe not Mr. J's. Ha.

R.A. Thanks so much, I've already emailed you.

Oct 21, 04 9:36 am  · 
 · 
French
http://www.anneetvalentin.com
Oct 21, 04 11:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: