Archinect
anchor

Chicago Area Minority Drywall Contractors

wurdan freo

Anyone know of a Minority Drywall Contractor in Chicago capable of 50,000 sf and up?

Aug 31, 09 3:46 pm
2step

Do white guys count?

Aug 31, 09 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

I think I have the white guys. Cassidy, Levy, Mcnulty Bros, R and G.

While we're at it, how about flooring or painting contractors?
... Bueller... Buller... Anyone?

Aug 31, 09 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i hate the terms

'minority'
'equal opportunity employer'
'ethnic background'

Aug 31, 09 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

not at 50K feet. smaller maybe. 10Kfeet, ok. just did my office and one of my d/b projects. GREAT work. based in city.

e mail privately if you want contact info.

Aug 31, 09 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Is this a genuine question? I mean, is there some legal or other requirement for companies that identify as minorities?

Aug 31, 09 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

Yes,
for most government work the set aside a portion for MBWE to get the job. thereby promoting diversity and a chance at the brass ring. While noble in its intent i know way too many sham companies that pose as MBWE while in fact are run by a big fat WASP like me.

however, I do know of one MBWE that is run by the toughest "eligible" MBWE. I never think of her as as a Latina businesswomen, but as a tough as nails business person who knows how to get things done.

If you are a MBWE it is best to become registered and into the program. It is an easier way to break in to government work than any other route.

Aug 31, 09 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
chicagoarchitect

Drywall contractor - hispanic

Eduardo Cortez

United Development Corporation

630-675-1808

Sep 1, 09 8:31 am  · 
 · 
__|_|_ |',__|_

This reminds me of a incident from when I was working at for a starchitect in Chicago.

We had just been awarded a huge project from the city in the late 1990's.

Our firm was not racially diverse at all.

Within days of the announcement, four black interns appeared at work.

They had never worked on a project of this scope/type and yet there they were.

God, how I hated that freaking office.

Sep 2, 09 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
chicagoarchitect

You must have been working in McCormick Place expansion, or Navy Pier reconstruction. Both projects were heavily monitored for WBE and MBE compliance, and the participating firms were old white boy fraternities...

Sep 3, 09 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
__|_|_ |',__|_

Nope. Try Flash Gordon...

Sep 9, 09 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: