Archinect
anchor

Finding a CxA in LA?

LameArc

So I work for a very small residential firm in the Los Angeles area and I just recently(June) passed my LEED AP exam. We had a prospective client in the office today who wants to do a LEED Platinum project and I did some quick research to find a local Commissioning Agent. Everything I found was for rather large consulting firms that unfortunately seem to specialize in larger projects. So before I dive into further research, I thought I would ask the archinect community. Has anybody worked with, or knows of a CxA that has experience with smaller residential projects. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 25, 09 4:36 pm
age of the small

I've never heard of a commissioning agent, is that something to do with the LEED process?

Aug 25, 09 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
cars

we are doing a LEED gold project for the city of los angeles - it's an animal shelter - and we have hired our MEP consultant to do the commissioning. apparently our MEP has done it before...though i think that's debatable. do you have MEP for this residence? i don't know how common that is...i guess it depends on the size of the project.

ANYWAY, just a thought...

Aug 26, 09 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
cars

i should add that we also have a separate LEED consultant who has been working with us throughout the design process and into CD. but because LEED commissioning is more of a technical task, we hired MEP to take care of it through construction.

Aug 26, 09 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

these guys might be able to help/point you in the right direction?

http://www.brightworks.net/index.php

Aug 26, 09 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
archnut

Check these guys out. They have been the CxA on a few SoCal LEED projects that I'm aware of.

Good luck!

http://www.ctg-net.com/energetics/

Sep 5, 09 4:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: