Archinect
anchor

Marketing Options - Home and Garden Shows

I recently started my own home design firm (some day it will be an architecture firm, just as soon as I'm licensed) and I am looking to find clients. I have exhausted my address book and professional and social connections and are looking to market my studio beyond word of mouth and my web presence.

Does anyone have any success stories with exhibiting at Home shows or other marketing methods? Maybe direct home mailers?

Jul 30, 09 6:09 pm
druf

My firm actually does have success with direct mailers for residential work. Try and be targeted with it, don't just flood every address in the phone book.We look in the newspaper and other sources too, such as realtors for property sales and send a little postcard out to properties that would be in our market. We do this both for vacant land and for existing homes. You would be suprised how many people who buy a house want to do some level of renovations. Try and be targeted with it, don't just flood every address in the phone book.

Aug 1, 09 8:45 am  · 
 · 
ryukyova

I worked for a firm that would set up a booth at the local home and garden show and they did get work from it. I was surprised to see the number of architects (and the quality) that did that being my first time working for a mostly residentail architect. It would be very important to have professional photos of built work at some like that to make it worth while.

Aug 1, 09 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: