Archinect
anchor

Spa tub with built in overflow

ih1542006

I have a request from a client to design/ build a spa tub with a built -in overflow. It's not connected to a pool. He says these are popular in Fla. We really don't see these around in my area Phildelphia I have only seen some pics of tubs that use an infinity edge to get this system. Are there other designs? We have a pool contractor who is being less than cooperative about building this tub type. We going need someone with experience in the style of tub. Anyone have experience designing / building this type of spa? I'm just trying to get some more info so we can move foward

Jul 27, 09 12:01 pm
el jeffe

i'm confused. if an infinity edge isn't what you want, then what exactly do you mean by "built-in overflow"?

Jul 27, 09 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I'll draw you up something in a little bit, I have been in many of these hottubs.

Jul 27, 09 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
ih1542006

Well I guess a infinity edge incorporates this type of plumbing mechanism that allows the water level stay put regardless of the number of people in the tub. But, it probably could be done with a raised edge and it's primary role is to prevent the water from overflowing the sides

Jul 27, 09 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: