Archinect
anchor

Relocation tips.

David Brown

I know that may people I talk with are starting to consider relocation to find work. Here are a few ideas on starting a long distance search.

http://davidbrownrecruiting.wordpress.com/2009/07/20/finding-a-job-in-a-new-community-finding-your-perfect-job/

Jul 20, 09 6:51 pm
A.R.Ch

spam, please remove.

Jul 20, 09 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
David Brown

No, this is not spam. Maybe my post is in the wrong group but I have a lot of people asking me about relocation so I thought this post might help answer some questions.

David

Jul 21, 09 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

With all due respect, it is SPaM. You are a recruiter...and you post a link for how to find work when relocating and include a significant section in your post on the benefits of getting a recruiter. You use the word Recruit(er) 16 times in your link. Spare us your infinite wisdom and go somewhere else please.

Jul 21, 09 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

OK...so now you changed your name to "chasseur de tête", which translates into "headhunter". Real smooth.

Jul 21, 09 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
David Brown

I noticed that no one uses there real name here.

Jul 21, 09 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
David Brown

Why is that?

Jul 21, 09 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

"There"...or "their?"

Surely a recruiter would encourage grammatical accuracy when promoting themselves, no?

Jul 21, 09 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
David Brown

Why so harsh? I am simply trying to participate in this open forum.

Jul 21, 09 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Want to hawk your business? Pay for a banner ad. Otherwise it's spam.

Jul 21, 09 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
David Brown

Ah, I understand. I was hoping to offer in-site into relocation, not spam members with a slimy sales pitch. Not my intent. Please forgive this communication.

I do wonder, is there any interest in topics on resume development and other interview/job search tips?

Jul 21, 09 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

mr. brown,
that's 'insight' not 'in-site'.

Archinect already has several features discussing the job finding/hiring process: here, here, and here.

your wit and wisdom is welcome, but not as a blatant shill for your services or to drive visitors to your website. If you refrain from either activity, you'll find that we can be a rather gregarious and helpful bunch of professionals.

Jul 21, 09 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
David Brown

Ok, thanks for the insight (sp) and your spelling tips.

Jul 21, 09 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

David,
I do agree with most of the comments above. If you are trying to help on this forum, why using recruiters, head hunters etc.? Why not just give us your insight and your opinions and move on without promoting your services and or other recruiters services? On this forum we all try to help each other out, without advertising our business! If anything, posting like this, or any of the other posts treekiller mentioned will hurt your business! I for sure will not be using your services. Thank you!

Jul 24, 09 10:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: