Archinect
anchor

Archiflash for the exam

jojodancer

Has anymore tried the Archiflash for the exam?

Jul 10, 09 7:57 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

yep, has it's pluses and minuses. the minus is that some info is wrong, AIA does not endorse, and no one verifies the information. i will say as a method for memorization, speed and recognition, it's good.

Jul 10, 09 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
fulcrum

it comes handy when you try to review and memorize stuff while commuting, and whatnot, but it shouldn't be the only prep material for the exam.

Jul 10, 09 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
some person

I used Archiflash for the recently retired version of the ARE. I highly recommend the flash cards for those who have been in the profession for a few years and who have seen a commercial project through construction. It's feasible to equate the content on the flashcards to real-life examples.

Hour-for-hour, the flashcards are superior to most books you can read in the equivalent amount of time. For example, if you only have a few hours to study, it's easier to flip through the cards with a variety of topics than it is to read a chapter in a book about a specific topic. This was apparent for me in the mechanical/electrical exam; MEEB is one lonnnng book - I didn't know where to begin.

I really wished that there were Archiflash cards for the LEED AP exam; the would have made studying so much easier.... but that's another topic.

Jul 11, 09 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

I also used the Archiflash for the 3.1(?) version of the ARE. Heard that they didn't produce a new set for the new exam so already sold them off. They were much better than the Kaplan flash cards and great for studying while out and about. I passed with mostly the help of Archiflash and the Kaplan/ALS practice exams. Well worth the money IMO.

Jul 13, 09 8:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: