Archinect
anchor

Firms similar to Teddy Cruz?

Nuks

Hey all,

I'm beginning the search for a three month workterm placement starting in September and so far the only firm on my mind is Estudio Teddy Cruz.

However, realism is starting to kick in and I realize I can't put all my eggs in one basket. Does anyone know of firms doing work that is similar to Cruz's? Ideally I want to work with a smaller firm that exists within the architecture / anthropology / geography triangle.

thanks!

Jun 27, 09 7:52 pm
gresham

It's very hard to come up with a list of firms "similar to Teddy Cruz," given the highly specialized nature of his research. However, as a starting point you could look at the table of contents of this publication edited by Cruz for firms/theorists that are sympathetic to what he is investigating in his own work:

Architecture of the Borderlands (1999)

link

If you are interested in architecture's relationship to geography, you could also consider firms that exhibit regionalist or critical regionalism tendencies or ones that tailor their designs in very specific ways to the demands of the regional climate. Just a thought.....

Jun 29, 09 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: