Archinect
anchor

former IDP supervisor currently at a different firm

wav

I'm about to get a signiture from my former IDP supervisor. However, the problem is that he is not with my old firm anymore, and have started his own office. Would his signiture be still valid as IDP supervisor's? Thank you all.

Jun 24, 09 12:17 pm
med.

I had the same problem and had to do some serious hunting to track him down. Turned out he was laid off from that firm and got another job (a better one believe it or not) and he was able to assist me there. And to answer your question, yes.

Jun 24, 09 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

yes, his signature is valid because he is signing off on the hours that are dated during the time when both of you were employed with the old firm.

Jun 24, 09 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

As long as the architect was an active licensed architect during his supervision over your work!

Jun 24, 09 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
Charisma124

What if ...youre working in a foreign country at a big multinational architecture/engineering firm, and your IDP supervisor has an inactive US license? Does this count, i mean , we're not building US buildings anyway...

Or, what if you're working in a foreign country.... and your chinese colleagues give you their friend's architecture license number who doesnt work at the company?

Jun 29, 09 2:44 am  · 
 · 
poop876

Charisma,
in order for your IDPs to count you have to work for a U.S. firm with a active licensed architect supervising you in order to sign off on your IDPs. If you are working for a foreign firm, and there is an active architect on staff, he can sign off on your IDPs as well, but there is a certain percentage, maximum points that can transfer to NCARB.

If you are working for the Chinese company, is the colleague an active architect in the U.S.? Is he aware/willing to sign of on your IDPs. He can do that as well, but if you get audited you and him can get in trouble with him possibly getting his license suspended.

Remember the reason you can only transfer so many IDPs from a foreign firm is because not everything is the same. Codes are different. Procedures are different. IDPs are minimum knowledge of architecture industry in the U.S. in order to get your incense in the states.

The process can be very complex, but usually is really simple. If you give your exact situation maybe I can give you a better answer.

Jun 29, 09 10:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: