Archinect
anchor

Happy 100th Birthday Fed Reserve Bank

100 reason to abolish the fed on it's 100th birthday

100 years of ponzi scheming debt slavery.  Let's toast to that!

Dec 23, 13 4:55 pm
curtkram

woot!  happy birthday!

Dec 23, 13 5:04 pm  · 
 · 

Money As Debt

Dec 23, 13 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

"Here's a question-- if you're in the Land of the Free,   do you think those green pieces of paper in your wallet are dollars?

They're not. A US dollar was defined by the Coinage Act of 1792 as 416 grains of standard silver.  

No, those green pieces of paper are Federal Reserve notes. "Notes" in this case meaning liabilities to the central bank of the United States.

That makes you, me, and anyone else holding those green pieces of paper essentially creditors of the Federal Reserve, whether we signed up for it or not."

Dec 24, 13 8:26 am  · 
 · 

^ And the Federal Reserve is a private institution with no oversight or government control.

A man in debt is a slave.

Dec 24, 13 10:46 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

I agree Miles!   

Dec 24, 13 11:07 am  · 
 · 

Well, technically speaking, the Fed does make an annual report (or presentation of some kind) to Congress so in theory ther is some oversight but as a practical matter, it's a total joke.   Although no one really knows for sure, the presumption is that the Fed is owned by some kind of arrangment amongst the too-big-to-jail banks who are also amongst the biggest campaign donors.  So is it any surprise that when the handful of Congressman tasked with meeting the Fed chairman toss him softball questions?

Dec 24, 13 11:22 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i'm pretty sure congress's ability to influence fed policy is limited.  politicians shouldn't be influencing that sort of monetary policy any more than they influence the courts (which should also be limited).  i sure as hell don't want the fed chairman doing what paul ryan wants.  that would only open the door to more corruption.  seriously, it could be worse, and paul ryan would make it worse given the opportunity.

the people developing fed policy are appointed by our elected representatives, aren't they?

Dec 24, 13 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

It is a vast conspiracy: The Federal Reserve is privately owned. Its shareholders are private banks. More than one-third of U.S. commercial banks are "members" of the Federal Reserve System.

Who Owns The Federal Reserve?

Dec 24, 13 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

it can't be a conspiracy if that's all public information can it?  i mean, if they just walk up and say 'we have all the power.  you're screwed,' does that really count as a conspiracy?

you know what's a real conspiracy?  santa claus.

Dec 24, 13 5:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: