Archinect
anchor

What's the job market in Philly like right now?

nikmasteed

I know I know, I'm assuming it's bad, like everywhere else. I'm just wondering if anyone in the area has a sense for what's going on in Philadelphia specifically right now, anyone currently seeking a job, especially those under 30, etc. I'd like to return to Philly at some point, but not sure if it's worse there or here in Boston.

Jun 5, 09 12:10 am
revcrank

I have about 4-6 friends who got laid off. I'm on reduced pay. A lot of the bigger firms went through large layoffs, but I don't know if they hired anyone back. And bigger firms are competing for smaller jobs. My friends who have jobs say the biggest problem are clients not paying, which is the problem at my office. So it's probably like every other city. Wish I had better news for you, but the times they is tough.

Jun 5, 09 12:53 am  · 
 · 
ether

We have managed to sustain ourselves thus far (without any layoffs) but I don't think the rest of the city is weathering the currently financial situation very well.

Jun 5, 09 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

we have had a couple rounds of layoffs so far as well as pay cuts
we are reasonably stable though compared to other firms in the city from what i hear

all in all i think philly is pretty comparable to other city's job markets right now

Jun 8, 09 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
med.

How are the King-ons doing?

Jun 8, 09 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: