Archinect
anchor

Anyone heard of a design/ real estate development firm?

greenlander1

Anyone ever heard of a consulting service that provides both SD and DD architectural services and development consulting?

For say a property owner who wants to do improvements but really doesn't have extensive development knowledge.

I do know that at least here in LA, there are quite a few property owners that are more on the passive investor end of the spectrum and profit from more comprehensive services. Some might have say a commercial piece and want to put something on the land but merely talking to an architect isn't enough since they don't get any pro formas but talking to just a development consultant will just give them pro formas, market analysis (generally speaking). So for example, a given piece could have a few architectural scenarios but also be accompanied by market type analysis and perhaps some back of the envelope cash flow analysis.

This way, between the architectural/ planning services and the development work there could be a built in translation btw the two.

May 28, 09 7:14 pm
holz.box

i know there are some, they generally are pretty awful.

also, doesn't SHoP develop some of their own projects?

May 28, 09 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

awful is ok. Im just looking for names.
and yeh I heard about SHoP, forgot about them.

May 28, 09 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

Jonathan Segal - architect/developer but not sure if he provides combo services..

May 28, 09 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I don't know of a ton of firms, but the ones I do generally do decent work (far better than your average developer).

May 29, 09 8:14 am  · 
 · 
greenlander1

thanks trace. this is a good start.

May 29, 09 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
dallas0427

Pb elemental, two designers straight out of school.

May 29, 09 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: