Archinect
anchor

Who are the best candidates to win the Pritzker Prize in 2014 for you?

piero1910

I am asking because I am thinking on some architects that I have seen their work recently. I though that they could be candidates to win this prize, but I would like to know other people's opinions to see what they say about this. My candidates are only two that come to my mind. One is David Chipperfield because I think he has done a splendid work and the second one is Steven Holl to me but I am trying to think who else could be as a great candidate for this. 

Dec 16, 13 7:01 pm
Thecyclist

Shigeru Ban?

Dec 16, 13 7:04 pm  · 
 · 

Kenya West?

Dec 17, 13 10:02 am  · 
 · 
gwharton

Leon Krier

Dec 17, 13 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Bob Vila

Dec 17, 13 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

Theodore Mosby

Dec 17, 13 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

Brad Pitt.

Dec 17, 13 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Suri

Dec 18, 13 9:15 am  · 
 · 
wesleyverhoeven

Steven Holl is from my point of view an interesting candidate. As a fan of 'deconstructive architecture' architects like Wolf Prix (Coop Himmelblau), Eisenman or Tschumi could be nominees. Even architecture firm Diller & Scofidio has a chance to win the pritzker prize.

Also some upcoming architects of the last years like : Sou Fujimoto, Kengo Kuma and UNstudio (Ben van berkel).
If I had to make a top 10 of possible pritzker prize winners of 2014 it would look like:

1. Steven Holl

2. Diller & Scofidio

3. Sou Fujimoto

4. Kengo Kuma

5. Peter Eisenman

6. David Chipperfield

7. Wolf Prix (Coop Himmelblau)

8. Tschumi

9. Ben van Berkel (UNstudio)

10. MVRDV

Dec 28, 13 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

I think Diller + Scofidio have a real shot at it someday, but probably not for a while.

I find it very surprising that Steven Holl hasn't won yet. He'd be my top choice, followed by Chipperfield and Kuma. 

Dec 28, 13 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
odd_ar

Daniel Libeskind... This guy is great! 

Jan 14, 14 10:39 pm  · 
 · 

Michael Gaves, for the Portland Building.

Jan 15, 14 10:08 am  · 
 · 
snail

Probably someone like Fujimoto, Chipperfield, or Kuma. The Pritzker jury always seems to lean either global, or conservative/tectonic, or both. There has to be a reason why Holl hasn't gotten it yet which is continually keeping him from getting it, and I almost feel the same way about Diller Scofidio since they are so trendy otherwise. MVRDV and UNStudio may get it at some point in time. Eisenman, Tschumi, Libeskind, and Prix all have about the same odds of getting the Pritzker as they do of getting the "competing" Driehaus prize - for essentially the same reason of not conforming to a favored ideology.

Jan 16, 14 3:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: