Archinect
anchor

when you can't find a job, you create a new LEED Study Guide - iFLASHiES

iFLASHiES

Here is the story of iFLASHiES:

I have been painfully unemployed for 6 months. In an effort to better market myself, I decided to get the LEED exam out of the way. I obviously had enough time to study. During the process, I created my own studying system, as I do for all exams ... and then a funny thing happened during that studying process ..... read on, friend.

Being a visual person who can read plans, 3D models, sections, etc etc, (such as yourself), I felt that an illustrative decoding interpretation was needed in order for me to retain the mass of information.  So I made visual flashcards. I did this because it made the studying more interesting and filled my days with purpose. Oddly, the 18 hours days, so reminiscent of graduate school and studio nights, felt good.

After sharing the flashcards within my immediate archie/landscape archie circle, I was encouraged to offer them to a broader audience.  

Hence, iFLASHiES was born.  www.iflashies.com

Check it out ... from one archie to another. We will be offering v3.0 and all the other tracks in the near future in case you have not taken the exam.

Oh, and we are expanding and need photoshop/InDesign proficient designers. Must be based in Chicago. Email me at [email protected] if interested.

May 15, 09 4:40 pm
Janosh

Try buying an ad and supporting the site.

May 15, 09 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
iFLASHiES

I will. Right now it's just starting out. Just excited about sharing my new project. Sorry to offend.

May 15, 09 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Side note, why is it always assumed that architects can only digest information graphically? ME arkitekt kan't read good.

May 17, 09 1:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: