Archinect
anchor

Getting Something Built in LA

clou

Does anyone know the cheapest, most efficient way to get something built in LA? The project is a climbing gym. The people building it are climbers and they have investors and they know what they want. I think they have a lot of the design already figured out, they just need someone who can take care of nuts and bolts and governments.

Oct 14, 04 5:25 pm
abracadabra

i heard there is somebody called 'architect' in LA. you might get the telephone number from a telephone book.

Oct 14, 04 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

plus, the people who want to build it, might discover quick, how much they didn't design or figured out.

Oct 14, 04 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
clou

right.
But rather than look through a phone book, I wondered if this nice little gathering of architecturally interested people, might know any architects with experience with this specific project type.

Oct 14, 04 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

"Does anyone know the cheapest, most efficient way to get something built in LA?"
that was confusing question, i guess.
anyway partialy answer your original question, it sounds like a permit heavy project. i don't know the climbing thing requirements but sounds like it will be special one to deal with in addition to regular fire, safety and occupation codes. health dept. will be there if there is food involved. parking, accessibility etc..
i would call a decent gym an ask for a referral in addition to wait for archinect referrals.

Oct 14, 04 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
too degrading

Move the project to Lancaster or Temecula.

Oct 18, 04 5:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: